“Better than first impression” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Cutler Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10821 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cutler Ridge
Barboursville
“Better than first impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I believe the actual location is one of the bad aspects of this hotel, that along with the roof repair/construction taking place at the time of my stay is why I gave the rating I did instead of being higher. This is not the fault of the staff at all. I am sure they are coping as best as they can.
Now, about my experience. Actual entry to the hotel parking lot is a bit of a pain, having to make a u-turn when arriving from Rt.1. Check-in went flawless. Tonia the desk clerk at the time of check-in was fantastic. She is extremely efficient and knowledgeable, and has a FANTASTIC personality. If this hotel was to lose her, it would be a great loss as she know's how to make arriving guest feel "at home" and know's how to accomodate everyone.
My room was an Executive King. When I entered my room, it had that "empty room" sound. I later found out that the decor is borrowed decor from other hotels as the normal decor is being repaired/cleaned from the damage of roof collapse/wall damage, hence the reason for it being a bit sparce. The room was clean as was the bathroom. Bedding was clean and crisp with no staining or bad smells. My room had a microfridge which was also clean. I did not have the chance to partake of the breakfast offered, but never heard any other guest speak negative of it.
Overall, if I was back in the area I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation. The staff at this hotel definately made everything worthwhile. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler either for business of pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are probably quieter because of not facing the turnpike.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

excelente, en precio y calidad, te atienden rebien!!
el lugar esta muy bien cuidado como todos los de las cadena , muy conforme
I certify that this review is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business affiliation with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff was excellent, but that is about the only really good thing i can say. The door to my room did not close properly and the room while cleaned decently had stained carpets and a stained comforter. It felt grungy although it smelled clean. The hotel is close to an event so I will give it another try. Maybe I will get a better room next time!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Frederikshavn, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We used the hotel as a transfer stop between Everglades and Key West and stayed only for one night. The room was ok but there was something wrong with the AC as the room was very humid, we tried to dry our swimming trunks during the night but they where more wet in the morning...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My stay was excellent. It was extremely quiet. The room was beautiful. It was clean and neat. The staff was very friendly. And I felt very secure with the securities there. It's close to the mall. And is off the turnpike.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Keys. As of mid-June 2013 they were undergoing some remodeling--which we didn't know when we booked--so some areas of the hotel were a bit rough. A typical, affordable chain hotel, it is conveniently located off the Florida Turnpike (watch carefully for the low sign after you exit the highway, as the more prominent signage may be covered in scaffolding) within 15 miles of Zoo Miami and the famous Robert Is Here fruit stand, and about 20 miles from the entrance to the Everglades and other attractions like Coral Castle. The staff was able to accommodate an early check-in (and was willing to keep our bags in a secure location had that not been possible). We were pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast, which included multiple hot and cold cereals, fruit, a waffle maker, coffee, tea, juice, hard boiled eggs and mini muffins. "It was a good place to park our butts," said my traveling companion, and I agree--it's not anyplace I'd want to hang out or stay for a whole trip, but it was a convenient base of operations for our stopover. No room safes--we were told there are lock boxes at the front desk, but didn't need to take advantage of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Cutler Ridge? Share your experiences!