“Non-Commercial Eco Friendly Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tailwind Jungle Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tailwind Jungle Lodge
You added Tailwind Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Calle La Bajada Del Tigre, San Francisco, Mexico (Formerly Tailwind Outdoor Co.)   |
St. Catharines, Canada
“Non-Commercial Eco Friendly Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

This place is far removed from most commercial establishments, you will find peace, quiet, and opportunities to meditate, swim, hike and find the privacy you are looking for. There is great respect for preserving the environment here, with water conservation, recycling and maintaining the natural environment. I slept well and ate well thanks to a local chef brought in to cook for our group. The weather is warm, and I was glad to get away from the noise and pollution of the city...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phoenix, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Our family of 5 (kids 20, 17, 13) has recently returned from a wonderful week in the Jungle of Mexico! As soon as we arrived we felt like we were living like Swiss Family Robinson in the Jungle (but with all of the modern conveniences!) The palapas where we stayed felt like home immediately. If possible they were even more beautiful than the photos on the website. The Jacobi family was warm, hospital and always available to give us direction when needed. The kids enjoyed a day of paddle surfing and sea kayaking with Tamara. We hiked the jungle on dirt roads exploring native animals and birds. The small beach was a short walk down the jungle path or for a larger one drive into the town San Poncho (San Francisco). I am also a yoga teacher and would love to return and lead a retreat. The yoga pavilion is spectacular and the location would bring an instant "bond" to any group. We also loved the charm of the town, San Poncho. There were restaurants for any price range and a beautiful beach. A neighboring town was larger with a farmers market and more shopping but not the charm of SP! The only thing I would change about the trip is renting a 4 wheel drive to transverse the jungle dirt roads. Also rent it using an American Express card for insurance coverage benefits (my husband is an insurance broker!). I was NOT ready to leave when our week was up. My next visit will be longer (10 days). Theres so much to do on and off property! Tailwinds is a true gem!
P.S. One of my favorite memories was going to sleep listening to the layers of jungle sounds with the ocean in the background. Around 5am I'd awaken to silence except for the ocean...then doze back off!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Lucky me, I was able to go on a yoga retreat, and my hosts chose an eco-lodge family run business that is committed to holistic sustainablility in an old growth jungle north of Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. In my opinion and to quote the friendly, dependable, wise, onwers the Jacobi family of Tailwinds Jungle Lodge, this is "Paradise Found" and an experience "To Live For". White noise eliminated. I highly recommend this alternative rare find vacation for singles, couples, families, and or special groups. View the informative Tailwinds Jungle Lodge web site for more details.
Camille M. Korody

• Stayed November 2010
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I was on a yoga retreat at the Tailwind in November 2010 and I have to say, it was the most incredible experience!! I am not used to experiencing the jungle up close and while it was one of those opportunities to move outside of my comfort zone, I am so grateful I did and that it happened at the Tailwind. The owners are incredibly loving people who believe 110% in what they do, working in harmony with the environment, reducing impact, and ensuring their visitors have the best experience. Our rooms were cleaned every day and the facilities overall met all my needs. If you are in the mood for a little "Eat, Pray, Love', this is definitely the place to go!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Tailwinds is a hidden sanctuary that's intimate, yet spacious landscape naturally instills a sense of winding down - which is an essential quality for retreat leaders. From the moment you enter the property there is a knowing that you have arrived somewhere special. Between the unique accommodation options, its stunning natural landscape, combined with the wonderful Management team that accompanies - makes this experience a truly authentic one. It comes with our highest recommendation to all retreat leaders.

Wendy Eyton & Isabella Scandolari - Yoga by The Sea, Retreat Leaders Since 2005

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

It is a truly magical and natural experience staying at Tailwinds. Where else could you rock in your hammock whilst listening to manta rays jumping out of the water and smacking back down on the surface of the ocean? Magic! Of course, having said that, you ARE staying in the Mexican jungle so if you are faint of heart or otherwise have health issues it may not be the place for you. But as for my partner and I, we have cherished both our stays here in this jungle niche hideaway. The jungle itself is wild, the animals are plentiful, the ocean is rolling, and the kind family who runs the establishment are lovely - they are friendly and personable and always there if you need anything.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

For me, great experiences are created when the right kind of people are in the mix. This place is run by a really great family who truly care about nature, their facility and the comfort/satisfaction of the guests. They have obviously worked hard to build a very unique place for people to stay...IN THE JUNGLE...what a cool opportunity! The location is peaceful and beautiful, but note, it's in the jungle, which means outside of town. For me, the peace and serenity were worth the cost and slight inconvenience of having to call a taxi to go into town. The owners of the facility would offer rides when they were heading that way as well (very generous). This is a wonderful place for people who are open minded (compost toilets), physically adaptable to climbing hills (to go down to the beach and back) and steps, who want to UNplug from technology (no internet and only a touch of random cell service) and who love and respect nature. I attended a yoga retreat here and feel it was an excellent option for this type of event!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Tailwind Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!