“Excellent Food with great friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food with great friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant for our wedding anniversarry with our daughter back in August and I would throughly recommend it. Its not your typical indian restaurant, its has a great atmosphere and alot of families eat here. You are welcomed as soon as you set foot in the door with a big smile and a menu. Our starters were lovely, onion barjhees and chicken tikka. Main course we had chicken dhansak which was a little hot for me but Sarne took this back and made it milder which was great and still very tasty. My husband had madras and my daughter had chicken korma which they both loved. We were too full for dessert but sarne insisted on us taking away a bottle of wine as a gift for our annivesary!! Where do you see this type of service?? We were really impressed and Indiaah is now our regular take away order too!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not worth a visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was very much looking forward to trying this restaurant as I have passed by many times whilst driving home, So on a friday early evening I stopped, I had a good idea of what I wanted and when I walked in I was greeted by one of the staff, The decore was very nice and looked clean, I palced my order and waited around 20 - 25 minutes, Not a problem as I had a quick drink, When I got home I was horrified to discover the nan bread was over cooked and burnt bits throughout and the curry, what can I say, I had a veg Madras, It tasted more like korma mixed with plain curry, It was swimming with ghee (butter) and tasted horrible, I do like a korma sometimes but my partner said this was also tasteless and just full of cream, The only thing that was enjoyable was the boiled rice, I found the prices above average and the food below par, I have not been back since which is a shame as it looks like such a nice place, I might go back in a few months time as I believe benefit of the doubt.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We eat from here often, although mostly we collect a take-away from here. It isn't quite proper indian home cooking - but comes very close to it!! It's certainly the best Indian for miles around though and we are big fans!!
Always very tasty, very hot & very filling!
Can't fault the place and always seems to be busy there too!
Personally, I would recommend working your way through the menu - and then back again!!
Hope they keep this standard for years to come & never change ownership!!

• Visited September 2012