“Average food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Kent UK
“Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The restaurant is dark and dingey, with old, dated furniture. The food itself was average, but edible.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“FOUND MEAT IN VEGGIE CURRY!!!!!! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ordered a takeaway from here, the starters we got we literally swimming in oil and grease, we were spooning out the grease and throwing it away! I then started eating my vegetable korma and found a lump of chicken!! I've been veggie all my life so this was a horrific experience. We where camping at the time with no signal so couldn't call to complain, when we finally got signal again I called and complained, they refused to give me a refund and refused to let me speak to the manager, they were very rude.
This place is horrible!! DO NOT EAT HERE IF YOU ARE VEGGIE!!!!!

Dolgellau, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Curry so hot it hurts to eat it but somehow tasteless at the same time.

Seemingly the curries are made with frozen diced veg and extra extra (extra?) strong chili powder as the only two ingredients. Maybe that's unfair, they probably added a bit of veg oil.

Also, my son noticed they only have a good hygiene rating of 1 (it's displayed on the door).

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
“Excellent service .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I would recommend a visit for a satisfying meal and excellent service, we shall certainly return yet again very soon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was the worst experience of my curry eating life. The mint sauce was a pot of tasteless watered down yoghurt. The chicken pakora was just pieces of chicken breast that had been battered and had no taste to them at all. The currys were full of grease and the chicken tikka madras tasted of chilli powder and had no substance to it, not to mention the un cooked chicken! Our fries had no potato inside them and our garlic naans were bland. To top things off after paying over £50 for a order you still have to pay for poppadoms! I would suggest any regular customer of the Taj Mahal makes the short journey to sedgley and tries a proper curry in spices.

• Visited May 2014