I've stayed here a few times now, and it is a nice hotel in a really lovely spot. This time, we didn't get a lake view room, but were in the older part of the hotel, which meant we had very good wifi singal! The bed was very big and comfortable, and the bathroom was also pretty large. Dinner (cheaper if you book it at the time you make your reservation) was very good but not excellent, and our wine was nice but too expensive. Breakfast is 8-10, checkout at 10.30, which would be fine, but the breakfast service was quite slow, and housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:20 and 10:25!
Our bathroom was tired, drifting towards shabby (the shower hose was beginning to come apart, paint was chipped on the toilet seat), although everything worked just fine; the gents toilet in the main part of the hotel was similar (the urinal had big chips out of it).
That sounds a bit negative, perhaps. But actually, this is a really nice place to stay, the food is very good, the beds are large and comfortable, and the internet access is free, unlike an increasing number of hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn