My partner and I spent a night here on the Secret Escapes deal (Luxury Suite, Dinner, B&B, 20% discount on Spa treatments). On the subject of SE if their website has no availability I would recommend calling the hotel directly as they always keep some rooms back, rather than give everything to SE. The hotel is very picturesque and situated very close to the Brecon Beacons. There are lots of walks to do in the surrounding area.
We stayed in Lodge 9 which was a fabulous room in the new building at the back of the hotel. It was absolutely huge and felt more like a flat than a bedroom. Recently refurbished it was very airy and bright. It had the usual mod cons (TV, Tea/Coffee facilities, Hairdryer, iPod Dock etc).
The pool was very large, clean and modern. It opens at 08.00 as well so you can swim before breakfast. We did not use the other spa facilities.
Dinner was exquisite and spread over 4 courses. Great choice as well to suit all tastes. Breakfast the following day was also very good although we came down slightly before 10.00 and things had started to run out from the buffet. Saying that the staff were very quick to replenish anything we needed. As the weather was warm we requested to eat outside for both dinner and breakfast and the staff were only too happy to oblige which was lovely.
On the subject of staff, I must make special mention of them. EVRYONE was so friendly and helpful and absolutely nothing was too much trouble. They made us feel so welcome to such an extent that we are going back this weekend!
- Also Known As:
- The Lake Country House Hotel Llangammarch Wells
- The Lake Country House And Spa
- The Lake Country House Hotel
- The Lake Country Hotel
- Lake Country Hotel
- The Lake Country House & Spa Llangammarch Wells, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake Country House Hotel is a 4 star hotel set in the Heart of Mid Wales and is the perfect destination for a luxury hotel break or romantic getaway. The Spa offers a range of Heath and Beauty treatments and is equipped with and indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi overlooking the lake. Game Fishing and golf are available on site and there is a good range of other golf courses in the area. Horse riding, the Elan Valley and of course the Brecon Beacons are all near by.An air of elegance and calm informality pervades this exquisitely furnished Welsh country house hotel. Standing serenely in its own fifty acres of parkland, with sweeping lawns, rhododendron lined pathways and riverside walks, this magnificent mid wales hotel is comfort epitomised.The country house itself is an architectural bagatelle, begun in 1840 and remodeled in 1900. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your The Lake Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.