“Not what I ordered!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Knighton
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not what I ordered!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We came here because we had read good reviews and because there were reasonable veggie options for my boyfriend. We ordered from an inexperienced waitress ( we got the impression it was her first night, so we can forgive some mistakes: however...). We didn't even mind the 45 minute wait for our food despite there being only one other couple in the restaurant,who were already onto their dessert. What I DID mind was ordering lamb shank with creamy mash,veg and a rosemary and thyme sauce, but receiving the first three items with a CURRY sauce. A bizarre combination to say the least! When a (different) waitress eventually asked if we were enjoying our meal, I asked about the sauce, to be told "Oh we've just changed the menu. Sorry about that." Not as sorry as I was. An alternative meal or reduction would have been appreciated in this instance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday roast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We recently enjoyed Sunday lunch here and was made most welcome by the landlord and his wife. It was very busy on the Sunday and had a good atmosphere in the restaurant. The meal had plenty of fresh veg and was reasonably priced. We ate here again in the week and I enjoyed my risotto.My husband and daughter enjoyed their meals apart from the chips.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
blackpo
“A Good Overnight Stop on Offa's Dyke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The pub is located on the High street and bang on the path which makes it ideally located. On arrival, it looks like a pub and we just assumed that the rooms would be above the pub. How wrong we were. The rooms were in a converted stable at the back and were superb. The pub is very busy but we had heard very little noise and it did not disturb our sleep.
The front part of the pub is a traditional drinking place and the restaurant is at the back. The food is reasonabley priced and plentiful. The hosts were very friendly and went out of their way for us. Overall, a great place to stop whilst walking the Dyke.