“A delightful find.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gloucestershire
“A delightful find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

For all the right reasons this was just wonderful. The Cors is such an interesting place with lovely staff and beautiful food. You must, must go it was divine.

Visited July 2013

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Excellent and delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate at Cors on Saturday, and although they were full, the food was (as usual) excellent, and the staff calm, efficient and friendly. As I have a 'thing' that both food and plates should be hot, I can report that both were indeed hot, and the waitress left a cloth so we could hand around the vegetables given that the dish was too hot to handle. A lovely evening in a delightful restaurant.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Quirky but welcoming - definite recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I can't praise this place enough. Once you get over the quirkiness of the place , enjoy a glass of something on the verandah and admire the beautiful gardens in which the restaurant is situated, you can go through into the dining room. It is lovely, romantic and shabby chic. It may be my ignorance but I think the table cloths were ironed on the table top but not by the sides but hey...it really didn't matter.The food was beautifully cooked and presented. Some unusual service e.g. our waiter didn't pour the wine for us to taste, he just left the bottle on the table. Also he didn't know what cheeses were on the cheeseboard but told us that chef says they are welsh cheese on the board and you'll like them! He was right of course but I still don't know what they were called!.

The owner Nick, met us in the bar after our meal and he is a charachter. He made us very welcome and we throughly enjoyed our evening. I would definitely recommend this restaurant but just beware, if you are precious about everything but "proper" then you may be disappointed. If however you want a delicious meal, in a lovely setting and a homely feel, then fill your boots - this place is for you. Oh, and they have some en-suite rooms if you decide to stay over.
P&S
Cheltenham

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whitland, United Kingdom
“A little gem of a place nestled in the most outstanding bog garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

One of my special places so visited to celebrate my birthday. As you approach the restaurant down the winding lane you can not cease to be amazed at the planting in this spectacular garden. The ambience of this gem of a place is added to by the friendly service and the eclectic background music. Nick is Chef/Proprietor and his love of art and gardening is evident everywhere. I had for starters the Carpaccio Of Beef Fillet with parmesan savings and salad.For mains I had the Roasted fillet of Welsh Black Beef Beef with green peppercorns and a red wine jus. It was accompanied with caremelized baby carrot and peas. The steak was cooked to perfection. For dessert I enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding with cream. I was one full contented visitor and cannot wait to visit again.

“A unique experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked The Cors for my husbands 40th birthday on a recommendation from a friend - and we were not disappointed!!! The experience begins as you enter the grounds. The gardens are magnificent with unusual and unique plants. The welcome you get is friendly and inviting. Nothing is too much trouble. There was a slight problem with our booking but it was sorted and a free drink provided for my partner and myself to apologise for the inconvenience. The decor in the restaurant is unique and quirky! Fab artwork enhances the walls and the music played into the restaurant is eclectic and mood enhancing. But the food is something else! My husband had the smoked haddock creme brûlée and I had the hot smoked salmon. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. The salmon was accompanied by courgette, gherkins and a homemade tartare sauce- a perfect combination! For mains my husband had steak and I had the lamb. Both were faultless! Nick the chef owner comes to meet the clientele after service. He is full of humility and likes to hear that people are satisfied with their meals. His brother is also a charming young man who is sociable and friendly. All in all one the best culinary experience we have had! We can't wait to return!

• Visited June 2013