“EXCELLENT OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tre-Bentir

Tre-Bentir
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laugharne
Tre-Bentir
You added Tre-Bentir to your Saves list
7 Grist Square, Laugharne SA33 4SS , Wales   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Laugharne B&B and Inns
Swansea
“EXCELLENT OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed for just one night and was very very pleased with the accommodation. It is not overpriced and the room was lovely - bright, light, immaculately clean, lovely help yourself breakfast. Situated right in the middle of Laurghane and self contained so you could come and go as you please. Very airy with a small balcony and views across the estuary. The only downside was the sloping ceilings and you are bound to hit your head several times in the toilet or going to get down to the wardrobe or where the breakfast is kept! I dont think it would suit many for a long term visit due to the space for clothes etc., but ideal for a couple of days or weekend. Lovely place, well recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the room which overlooks the garden and estuary and has a balcony to sit out on. The room has a light airy feel and is tastefully decorated, the sloping ceilings meant my 6ft 2 hubby used common sense not to keep knocking his head!
I love the fact we could get up when we wanted to and make our own breakfast, eating out on the balcony with the gorgeous estuary views is simply perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had a relaxing 5 days at Trebentir, thank you Sarah. It is easy to find-you park your car in the free castle carpark and just by the bus stop is the entrance gate to a small courtyard and the door to the lean to.
I was given a key which meant I could come and go at all times. I stayed in the room overlooking the cafe opposite which opens at 10am. I had a delicious Halloumi and avocado salad supper there one evening. You could have a cooked breakfast here perhaps if you needed to but cereal and bread was enough for me.
Laugharne is a bit quirky and sometimes shops werent always open or opened late.
Trebentir ( known to the villagers I met as Sarah's place!) is an ideal base as it is in walking distance to the whole village- even Keepers Cottage at the top of the hill where I had a cream tea in the conservatory.
The villagers are friendly especiallly the owner of Choices and had all the ameneties I needed for a short stay- Spar supermarket, Post Office ( free cash withdrawals) Gift Shops, Church etc
A visit to the Dylan Thomas Boathouse down steps in the cliffside is really interesting with breathtaking views of the estuary and delicious food in the cafe- especially the Welsh Cawl soup. You can walk along the coast path by the castle if you can scramble a bit over rocks or you can use the easier route from the main road.
Its also a good base for further trips like Pendine Sands ( 10 mins away) and Tenby, Pembroke and Carmarthen all about half an hour away.
The B & B itself is clean , bright and contemporary. with a great view from the Velux window. I am 5ft 4 so the sloping eaves were no problem.
Breakfast is in a low cupboard with fresh bread, individual cereal boxes, and mini jam pots. There is a kettle to make tea and coffee and a toaster and butter and milk in a fridge. When I needed more supplies Sarah would give me them and did my washing up.
The only reason why I didnt give it an excellent overall rating was because I would have preferred a larger shelf to store the kettle, toaster and breakfast trays on- because I was using the table for my laptop.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I searched the web to find B&Bs in Laugharne and Llansteffan.leaving messages with my enquiry. Two came back to me, one that had closed 5 years ago and Sarah from Tre-Bentir.
Sarah was so easy to talk to and she explained the breakfast situation to me. We arrived at this lovely home, which we found with no problems, so easy to park. The two bedrooms were light, clean,plenty of space although the head room for my husband was a little tricky. Breakfast was just so relaxing, no time shedule, enjoyed fresh bread,toasted with a selection of marmalades and jams, cereals, orange juice, tea & coffee. All enjoyed in our room overlooking the estuary. We were able to come and go as we pleased. Sarah was very helpful with helping us to with the local places of interest. The weekend at Tre-Bentir as a great experience and we surely will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We saw positive reviews about Tre-Bentir on Tripadvisor and gave them a call when we were due to attend a wedding in the area. At £55 a night the place was a great steal!
We booked the two rooms one for us and another for my sister-in-law and her partner.
The rooms were clean and well decorated, with beautiful views of the sea and Castle!
It was lovely not having to rush to get ready for breakfast, but to get up and have it when you wanted. The breakfast was lovely with fresh bread, a selection of jams, marmalades and proper butter! Good selection of cereals and many teas, coffee and orange juice to choose from.
It was lovely having your own entrance and not having to worry about disturbing the owners to come in late after the wedding.
The owner was very friendly and was kind enough to let us come and leave our luggage earlier than usual and as there were no guests the following day said we could leave whatever time in the day we wanted and feel free to have a good wander around Laugharne.
So refreshing to have a B&B/hotel owner so polite, nice and helpful!
We had a little difficulty in finding but it was just off the car park by the sea, ideal for car parking!
Would definatley recommend anyone coming to Laugharne to stay here! :)

Room Tip: The room to the right has the best views of the castle and sea, but both rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

One night here just wasn't enough. Sarah, the owner was friendly, welcoming and could not have been more helpful. The room was fresh, clean and tastefully decorated and situated within the eaves of Sarah's bungalow with great views across the estuary. Breakfast is self service and excellent quality - fresh organic bread, butter, jams, juice, milk, cereals, tea and coffee etc all provided with a toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery so you can eat at the table in the privacy of your own room. Spotlessly clean bathroom, crisp white bed linen and the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in made this a perfect little haven of tranquility - a perfect spot for walking along Dylan's birthday walk and watching the curlews and oyster catchers at the water's edge. We look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Two rooms only, both with the same view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I spent just one night at Tre-Bentir recently - I wish it could have been longer. Everything about the stay was great (apart from the weather!). Great location with wonderful views of the sea, yet close to the heart of Laugharne, pubs, restaurants and shops as well; convenient parking; a lovely, light, simple, spacious room and comfortable bed; good help-yourself breakfast with everything I neded including nice fresh bread and a good choice of tea and coffee. . Things are arranged so guests can be completely self-sufficient but Sarah was friendly, welcoming and helpful. A lovely place to stay and I'd love to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Tre-Bentir? Share your experiences!