“Manager not child friendly!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 37 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Café, Tea Room, Welsh
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Cornstore! Light lunches are served between 11.30am and 4pm, with coffees and delicious homemade cakes served all day. A limited number of tables can be reserved each day, please phone to book. Outdoor seating with an amazing view of Pembroke Castle. Parking is available at the rear of the building
Pembroke
“Manager not child friendly!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting the cornstore fairly regularly for years as a local and was appalled recently to have the manager shout VERY loudly at my 3 year old daughter. We had only just arrived and I was paying for the drinks we had just ordered when other members of my family arrived which excited my daughter and she was a bit loud admittedly, however there was only one instance of this, not continued loudness, before the manager displayed a complete over reaction and shouted at the top of his voice at her. When I cancelled my order because of what had happened he did not seem to think there was anything wrong in what he had done and said "sorry, but we are trying to run a business here". I think most parents would agree this is not the appropriate way to treat the children of your customers.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Must leave room for cake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went for lunch with my family including my baby boy, staff we're accommodating and the food was yummy and portion sizes were fab! The cakes looked amazing but I just didn't have room!

Pembroke Dock, Wales, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have attempted to eat at this cafe twice and have failed twice to get past the miserable staff. On both occasions I have gone in, stood by the counter and have been completely ignored. It was obvious that all the tables were full, but in most cafe's the staff engage with the customer and say when a table is likely to become free, not in this case though, no eye contact, nothing...On the second visit I asked one of the staff whether the overflow cafe in the courtyard was open, without even looking at me she said ''no''- end of conversation. It's on the lower floor of a nice shop and we would have gladly had a look around it and come back to a free table, but this solution wasn't even mentioned. Quite frankly I won't bother again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milford Haven, Wales, United Kingdom
“My favourite place to unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm a regular to the Cornstore in Pembroke and its one of my favourite places to unwind over a great cup of coffee with an amazing selection of cakes and puddings to die for. The food is simply gorgeous, all home-made and the soups will warm you up a treat on a cold winter day. The staff are so friendly and helpful. If you're every in Pembroke, make sure you stop off for lunch there, your tastebuds will thank you for it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kitty240dill, Catering manager at The Cornstore, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you Maxine for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It's nice to know that we can provide good food in a relaxing atmosphere. See you soon!
St. Florence, United Kingdom
“One visit is not enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I are regular visitors, living locally, and have never tired of their menu and gorgeous selection of cakes, filled with calories but when you see them that is the last thing on your mind... you can always do the circular walk around the castle to work off a few if it worries you!!
There is always a very friendly welcome from the staff and in the summer months you can sit outside by the River Pembroke looking over to Pembroke Castle.
After treating yourself to something nice to eat it is also well worth a wander around the shop which has a gorgeous array of goods from jewelry to furniture... too many things to mention you just have to look for yourself!
Highly recommend

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your kind review! Always great to hear such positive comments from our regular customers - very much appreciated by all the staff.