My partner purchased a 5 Star surprise trip away for Valentines, staying at Slebech Park.
Our journey was straightforward,travelling through scenic Mid Wales from Shropshire.Approaching Slebech on the A40 we found ourselves in Haverfordwest and realised we must have missed the turn off to the hotel. On rechecking the hotels website we followed the directions on there and turned down the drive to Slebech.(Real need for a signpost on the A40,but apparantly they are having to petition the local authorty to allow them to put one up!)
The drive took us through woods and open fields until we arrived by a stunningly pretty lake, where we parked up and took in our surroundings.
The setting is truely breathtaking....The hotel itself is an imposing Georgian House around a small courtyard.The Esturary surrounds it on 3 sides with spectacular views over the water.
Our welcome was friendly and,eventhough we had arrived an hour before checkin time we were shown directly to our room.
Our room was in The Orangery. There was a small porch from the Courtyard with coathangers and space for muddy boots to be left. On entering the room we found a spacious lounge area with french windows opening out onto a lovely terrace with table and chairs.This area was for our use too.
We then entered our bedroom area which was decorated to a very high standard with exceptional furnishings.The bed was large and comfortable and there was plenty of storage space. The bathroom was amazing too. Large open area with heated mirror and seperate wetroom/shower area with raindance shower.The room temperature was perfect and there was also lots of hot water.
We had a lovely cream tea with the best scones I've ever tasted.
In the grounds there is a small ruined church which was interesting to have a wander around plus there are a couple of good walks from the hotel.
We had our evening meal included on the first night and it was not a disappointment.Excellent quality,very friendly service and lovely romantic setting. We enjoyed it so much we ate there on the second night too....and it was even better than the first night!!
The receptionists, the waiting staff and the waitress at breakfast, who gave us a wonderful overview of the history of Slebech,were all faultless and we felt like nothing was too much trouble.
All in all Slebech Park is, in our opinion, one of the best country hotels we have stayed in and we hope to return in the spring or summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slebech Park in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales is a beautiful Grade II listed 18th century manor, sitting amidst 600 acres of wonderful rural scenery. The exclusive accommodation is set in a tranquil countryside area on the shores of the Daucleddau Estuary and gives you a breathtaking view over the region. The luxury Slebech Park offers 15 spacious rooms and suites in a comfortable atmosphere for weekend breaks, family holidays, business trips or special events. All bedrooms are held in a simple design and tastefully furnished. Accommodation types available at Slebech Park are standard, studio, deluxe and executive rooms, luxury and two bedroom suites, and a self-catering cottage.The comfortable Standard Rooms come with raindance shower in shower room, WiFi, TV with film and music library and king size double or twin beds. The spacious Studio Rooms feature a separate sitting area and stunning view over the area. Large Deluxe Rooms provide either a separate wet room or shower room and a lovely sight on the garden or the ruined church and the waterway. The luxury Executive Rooms offer high-tech facilities (WiFi, flat screen TV with film and music library) and a raindance shower and long bath in the spacious bathroom. The large Luxury Suite is divided into a master bedroom with radiance shower and long bath in a big wetroom, and a second bedroom with shower room. Large windows give a fabulous view on the estuary behind the ruined church. Both bedrooms are furnished with king size double or twin beds. The Luxury Suite is next to the relaxing drawing room and offers WiFi, TV with music and film library, and a private dinner on request. The Two Bedroom Suites are the right choice for a family or two couples. It features two bedrooms with king size or double/twin beds. The master bedroom includes a bathroom with separate shower room while the second bedroom has an en-suite shower room. Comfortable sitting areas and a large flat screen TV with access to the film and music library will give you a maximum of relaxation during your stay at Slebech Park. The self-catering cottage is situated at a cliff right on the shoreside and offers space for up to 4 people. Ferryman’s is a 4 star accommodation with a double room, a twin bedroom, sitting/dining area, kitchen and bathroom. You will spend undisturbed holidays in this romantic cottage at Slebech Park! Corporate facilities for business trips include a selection of meeting and conference rooms, bespoke catering by the head chef Mark Cheeseborough, a unique venue for product launches and the Harbour Room for a dinner dance with up to 200 people. The excellent Park at Slebech Restaurant serves fine seasonal menus using fresh local produce. The properties own Kitchen Garden guarantees carefully chosen ingredients for unforgettable meals. The restaurant offers brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner daily. Seasonal specials such as weekly grill nights, holiday festivities or themed dinners enjoy a great popularity among locals and visitors. Pembrokeshire offers a lot to do and see during your stay. The coastline and scenery are unique and offer tranquility and relaxation to recover from a stressful daily life. At Cardigan Bay, you can find dolphins and whales and Pembrokeshire's land wildlife includes rare animals such as Puffins, Manx Shearwaters, Guillimots, Razorbills, Short Eared Owls, Skomer Voles and Grey Seals. More than 50 forts and castles, such as Haverfordwest Castle, can be visited in the region, or enjoy an entertaining day at the Oakwood theme park or the Dinosaur Park in Tenby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Slebech Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slebech Park Hotel Haverfordwest
- Slebech Park Haverfordwest, Wales - Pembrokeshire