“Great friendly village pub.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 78 Restaurants in Haverfordwest
Cuisines: English
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Great friendly village pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having been invited to attend a theme night at The Travellers Rest in Freystrop I can say I had an amazing night filled with entertainment and friendly people! I have since returned to the pub after hearing so many people talking of the wonderful meals they had eaten there. Wanting to find out for myself I took my family there for a meal and WOW! absolutely beautiful. My children are, dare I say are very fussy eaters but the staff were so helpful in accommodating them so they all had something they liked. The comfort and warmth of the open fire made us all feel so relaxed. Would highly recommend this welcoming pub whether it be for a meal or just a cozy few beers. Have since returned to pick up a Christmas menu and look forward to treating the family. Have booked already as don't want to miss our chances.

Pembrokeshire
“Excellent Food and Always a freindly welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As soon as my family and I, entered the travellers rest, there was such a warm welcome and made us feel comfortable. Also the regulars also made the pub friendly. The food is outstanding. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!. The Family enjoyed the fantastic home cooked food, great friendly atmosphere and the warmth of the real open fire. I have a new local :).. Well done to chef and staff!!.

haverfordwest
“excellent service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

i have to say that deciding to take my family out for a sunday dinner i had decided to try the travellers rest at freystrop having passed there several times . as we walked in the ambience was warm and cosy and the young lady at the bar was very friendly and efficient . as there was three of us we all decided the roast dinner was our choice with each of us having a different selection of meat chicken, pork and beef .as we sat waiting for our meals we had the opportunity to look around and noticed how clean and the attention to detail that had been made . all three meals came out to us in quick sucsession with ample food on each plate and between the three of us there was not one critisism and the plates went back empty all of us fully satisfied and i must say each of the meats were cooked to perfection. we will definately become regulars at this establishment and will highly recomend the experience. well done to all the staff concerned for makig a wonderful impression on us and with this quality of food and service i know that you will go far x thank you from the morris family x