“Overpriced and rude.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Overpriced and rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went out for a group birthday meal, we had been here a while before and remembered it to be good. How wrong we were! Rude and unaccommodating staff on arrival and slow service!
I had the carpaccio for starters and it clearly wasn't carpaccio, it was some kind of cured meat, possibly Parma ham. A friend has the Lear and cheese and it was basically a plate of Lear with 2 tiny pieces of cheese hidden underneath!
All portions of chips were very hard and overlooked.
I ordered a steak for main and it had been totally over seasoned! Far too salty to eat! When we made a complaint staff were very unapologetic and very blasé about it, I'm assuming that's because they must get lots of complaints these days!!
Food was incredibly overpriced for what it was, I certainly won't be eating here again nor, I don't think, the rest of my group.
This is such a shame as they used to have a great name and be a fab place to eat out, they have really gone downhill.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Pembroke, United Kingdom
“London Experience, I think not.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went here for an office Christmas do. Having had a look on the website, which stated that this restaurant gave you the 'London Experience' in Haverfordwest, I was intrigued. I think the only 'London' thing about the restaurant was the price. I go to London at least once a month and have at least one meal out each time, so I know what to expect from somewhere that claims to offer the 'London' experience.

Food: Starter, I had a caramelised pear and welsh cheese (couldn't find it) crostini with a pathetic wilted cress salad, that looked as if it had been there for days.
Main Course; ordering from the festive menu I had Pembrokeshire Turkey, with all the trimmings, although no sprouts? Turkey was dry and covered in shop bought granulated gravy (that's what it tasted like anyway). Vegetables were ok, but not as described, for example non 'honey glazed' carrots.
Pudding; a 'plate' of chocolate (mousse, brownie (very dry and crumbly) and parfait), not very good as chocolate was waxy in texture.
Coffee; a double espresso which was downright atrocious.
Decor: The odd thing about this place is that it used to be an old court, so when you walk in, it's like a council office, which is not very good for a restaurant. Lighting; awful. Pretty much fluorescent and far too bright.
Staff; they were ok, but certainly didn't come close to the 'London Experience' being a waiter myself, having worked in London, stacking at the table is a huge no-no! It's also an absolute pet hate of mine, especially in a restaurant. Service was also very slow, considering we were the first booking of the evening, not very good.
In conclusion; £35 for a three course meal and drinks isn't bad, but in the Shire Hall this isn't worth it. Trying to hard is a big thing I noticed. Disappointing

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Haverfordwest
“Fine dining !!! 1out of 5 for hygiene ???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We ate here and were not impressed, with anything in fact. The food was pretensious, expensive & the room was empty. We wondered how the chef could possibly keep the food fresh with no trade etc, and out of curiosity looked at the 'Scores On The Doors' score when we got home, to our HORROR we found that this restaurant and its sister place next door 'Romanos Italia' had a score of 1 out of 5 which means that they have no idea regarding Health & Safety. How on earth can a restaurant charging what they do be allowed to do so with such a poor score, ridiculous.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

First visit to this restaurant and was in a group. We had already pre- ordered and with only us & another table of 3 in the restaurant service was slow. Food could have been better. Another friends chips came out with her steak & they were overcooked. I had the 8oz Lamb rump and the cabbage was salty. Overall very disappointing for the price we paid. Menu wasn't great to choice from as it didn't have a great choice. Wont recommend this or go again. Water wasn't actually chilled or have ice in the glass jug.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Fine dining at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Food to rival some of London's finest restaurants, plus courteous staff, an excellent, well-thought wine list and charming decor. Would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere