“great 3 night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haverfordwest
Castle Hotel
You added Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Castle Square, Haverfordwest sa611aa, Wales   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Haverfordwest B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“great 3 night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

myself and 9 others stayed for 3 nights recently over a weekend in October 2013.
we occupied 5 rooms. every room was on suite and recently renovated and of high standard. clean towels and freshly made bed every morning. tea making facilities, tv, hair dryer, plenty of furniture and very clean. the staff were friendly and helpful as we were new to the area they gave plenty of advise. the bar area was clean and tidy reasonable price drinks, leather chairs to watch the big tv. meals were eaten at weather spoons opposite quality food for breakfast and evening meals as we ate there all 3 days followed by a walk along the river.
I would like to thank the staff for such high standard.

Room Tip: all rooms of high standard
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I got stranded in Haverfordwest cos of the snow & checked in to the Castle. In fairness the bar tender was very sweet & carried my very heavy bag up 3 flights of stairs. The room was tiny but he promised me he would put heating on and in fairness it was super hot.
I went out to get essentials ( toiletries etc) & the same chap warned me very nicely that he had forgotten it was a Wednesday & they had Karaoke which went on till 1 am. Given it was now 730 I was not confident in finding other lodging so decided to stay.
Had a perfectly ok supper at Romanos opposite & took an early night
The single bed was very uncomfortable. The pillows were rock hard & the duvet cover was nasty & scratchy
The karaoke went on very loudly till 130 am & I suspect only stopped due to my grumpy telephone call
At 5.30 am the street cleaners with a huge truck like machine spend 3/4 of an hour polishing the the square outside
I have never had such a bad nights sleep ever
I know theY can't help the street cleaning noise but the secondary double glazing was useless
Next time I'm stranded I will sleep in my car.

Room Tip: I suspect there are no good rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is not really a hotel but rooms at a public house. Situated in the town centre there is no parking available. Plenty of public carparks but minimum 15 mins walk. The town centre is very noisy and street cleaning starts around 05:30 so don't expect peace and quiet. No wifi and poor phone signal so not good for communications.
The rooms are through doors which are not kept secure from public or pub guests.
No where to eat but there are restaurants nearby. This place is not really suitable for families and business, if you are having a night out in the town or on a budget then its perfect for you. I wont be going back there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!