“Wonderful - Best Breakfast in Town!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sir John Trevor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruthin
Sir John Trevor House
You added Sir John Trevor House to your Saves list
Castle St, Ruthin LL15 1DP, Wales   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Ruthin B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“Wonderful - Best Breakfast in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed here a few weeks ago for work and promised the wonderful owners that I would get onto Trip Advisor at my earliest convenience! I stay in a lot of B&Bs across the UK and this one has to be one of the best I've stayed in. Not only does it have such charm, but the owners really went out of their way to make my stay comfortable - I felt that they went above and beyond what was expected! As far as value for money goes, you really will not find anything better for your money...and there were numerous individual touches such as a bathrobe and what I would call 'proper' bath towels - large enough to wrap yourself in, rather than the poor excuses for bath towels that you find in many places! The breakfasts were delicious - cooked with care and attention to detail using good ingredients - I particularly enjoyed my cooked cherry tomatoes on the vine! If you are looking for somewhere to stay in this area you should end your search here - you've found it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Misodali, Owner at Sir John Trevor House, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful compliments I am pleased that we were able to fulfill all your requirements and hope we will see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Walsall Wood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Lovely couple. We were made to feel very welcome. There was never any rush to eat breakfast. And the cat was very friendly too, especially if you feed him a little bacon fat! The room had a beamed ceiling - and a HUGH en-suite with shower and bath! The furniture was all genuine wood period pieces. We were located a few steps from the centre of Ruthin, and a serviceable pub that served evening meals even out of season. The only thing we didn't like was having to come home again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and photo's it's good to know we are maintaining good customer relations and that you enjoyed your stay
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed here and were made to feel very welcome by Jackie and Stuart. We were given a tour of all the guest rooms (as we were the only visitors that day) which were beautifully decorated and, like the rest of the house, full of character and spacious. The breakfast, which was served to us at 8.30am (although we were offered breakfast for a time that suited us) was just right - cereal, toast, full English, fresh orange juice and a cafetiere of coffee. It was a shame that we were only there for one night as Ruthin is a lovely place and there is more than enough to occupy a full day with both places of historic interest and one or two very nice shops. The Sir John Trevor House would have made a great base from which to explore the surrounding area. We have stayed in a number of B&B's and this was one of the best. We would both recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bollington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Charming B&B. We had a separate dressing / sitting room in addition to the timber framed bedroom containing a four-poster bed. Lovely breakfast, very friendly hosts.

We were staying there to attend a wedding at the nearby Ruthin Castle, it was an excellent (as well as cheaper) alternative to staying at the Castle itself.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Misodali, Owner at Sir John Trevor House, responded to this review, July 4, 2010
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we enjoyed meeting you too and hope that you will want to stay with us again in the future, perhaps for a longer vacation in North Wales? Thank you for your kind comments, it's always good to have positive feed back.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We were made very welcome by the owners who did all they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The house is really old and the rooms have incredible character. We liked it so much we stayed an extra night. Breakfast was wonderful. We had excellent dinners nearby, twice at On The Hill and one at the Wynnstay Arms. Ruthin is an interesting town and I'd wholeheartedly recommend staying at John Trevor House. There's no parking outside, but we always managed to park close by.

• Stayed May 2010
Misodali, Owner at Sir John Trevor House, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you for your kind words it's always good to welcome people from all over the globe and I hope that we will meet again in Ruthin.
sfauntie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My sister and I were visiting Ruthin and chose Sir John Trevor House of the B&B's available as it looked really interesting. We were not disappointed. The house itself is steeped in history and beautifully restored and decorated. Everything was charming and spotless. The three rooms all were really comfortable with lovely views and terrific bathrooms. Jackie made us so welcome we really felt we were staying with friends. The breakfasts were excellent and Jackie even invited us to share in the excitement of the election with her and her friends and plenty of wine! Next time in Wales I will definitely go back and would even go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying in Sir John Trevor House it was good to meet you and your sister and I appreciated your company too and we all had a great time on election night
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I recently stayed here with my girlfriend and another couple as we were attending a wedding in Ruthin. From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel like we were at home. The rooms are beautiful and much like the rest of the house were full of character. The rooms were very clean and very spacious. The breakfast, which was served to us at 10am (although we were offered breakfast for whenever we wanted!) was delightful. Cereal, toast and a full english, accompanied by many jugs of fresh orange juice, pots of tea and cafetieres of coffee were the prefect hangover cure!
It was a shame that we were only there for one night as it would have made a fantastic base to go and explore all the beautiful countryside in the area.
I have stayed in a number of B&B's and this was by far the best and most enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Misodali, owner at Sir John Trevor House, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
Thank you for your kind compliments I hope we do see you again and we would like ti think we can give you the same kind of service again

Been to Sir John Trevor House? Share your experiences!