“Holiday treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Holiday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Booked a table after reading the previous reviews and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere of the place was friendly and lively for a Tuesday night and the staff were very attentive. The food was excellent and you weren't waiting for ages for your food to arrive. My youngest son had a couple of starters to eat and the portion of mussels was huge and tasted delicious. After reading earlier reviews about the peanut cheesecake, I can say that I will not be sharing my next portion with my son! It is the best desert I have had in a long time, the panacotta is also delicious. So it is not the cheapest place to eat but we have booked again before we go home at the weekend. Give this place a go you will not be disappointed.

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Fab fab food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

6 of us visited for lunch on a fabulously sunny day. We were able to sit outside among the quirky beach huts with glorious views over Snowdonia and the sand dunes. Friendly service and great food with very generous portions. The warm bread with oils and dips for starters were honestly the best I have ever tasted. Big succulent local mussels, fat home made chips, Thai seafood curry, all equally delicious meant there was no room for dessert so I will definitely be back to try a pud!
Special mention for the huge gluten free choice available on the menu including their classic fish and chips, which is fantastic news for coeliacs. Also dog friendly in the outside eating area which is great for walking visitors with their 4 legged friends. Great value and want to try the sharing fish platter for 4 next time, the people on the next table had it and it looked amazing. Looking forward to a return visit!

Visited August 2014
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Surprise, surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

After taking over the original Maelog Lake Hotel which had stood for years I did not take much notice when this restaurant first opened. Having watched several 'Grand Designs' programmes and hearing about Huff houses I was intreagued to try this Restaurant. I also had read that it was now a Chefs Academy to try and give young people a start in their careers and teach them team building skills. My brother, niece and I were very impressed with not only the building itself but with eager and friendly staff and the amazing quality of the food. Delicious pan fried Salmon on a bed of sweet potato mash with tender asparagus, as I said - delicious! Peanut butter cheesecake for dessert and what a flavour explosion - I need the secret recipe! Not a cheap meal but when you consider all the profits of the business are re-deployed to fund the courses for waiting on, front of house and the chef's themselves - money well spent. I cannot wait to go back there! Well done Mr Timpson what an unique and brilliant concept!

• Visited July 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Food, great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

On approaching this restaurant you will wonder what you are letting yourself in for, It's a stand alone building in amongst the sand dunes, on the ground floor there is a Bistro and the Oyster Catcher is upstairs. At this time of year it is probably best to book as it is extremely popular and fills up very quickly. There is an outside balcony with novel pretend beach huts with the tables protected from the weather. The menu is varied and not overpriced, and all the wines are at competitive prices. The service is really good. When we went it was a glorious hot summer evening and we chose a table outside, in some restaurants not a good idea as you tend to be forgotten, but not here. The staff were all working flat out but they managed to serve everyone quickly and efficiently

• Visited July 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went here for dinner and to be honest we can't say enough about the place. There were four of us and we had a selection of starters, mains and desserts all of which were absolutely delicious. Service was excellent too and the bill was very reasonable.
The best piece of advice I can give anybody planning a visit is...save room for dessert and then get the peanut butter cheesecake it is amazing!!!
The best piece of advice I can give to management is......we were served by Dion on the 2nd of August and he is an asset to your business friendly, efficient and professional, promote him!

• Visited August 2014