“Charming Cathy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambleside Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhosneigr
Ambleside Bed and Breakfast
You added Ambleside Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ambleside, Ynys For, | High Street,, Rhosneigr LL64 5UQ, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Rhosneigr B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Holmfirth
“Charming Cathy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very welcoming. Cathy absolutely great, she cooks a wonderful breakfast and is charming and friendly. The position of Ambleside is ideal, right in the centre of Rhosneigr and very near to lots of amenities. We would have liked a TV in the room. The only other down side was the size of the en suite, but other than than that our stay was very pleasant indeed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Central England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My experience and that of all the other reviewers is that Cathy makes the place. The B & B is an adapted family house which means the ensuites are small and there are a few creaky floorboards. BUT the 'real fire' in the guest TV lounge, which was opened up for us, is marvelous on a dark, damp Anglesey evening. Don't be put off by some of the rules Cathy has (eg book in after 6.30pm and be out by 9.30am) because she is someone who would do anything to make your stay enjoyable. My friend and I arrived a little after 3pm on a drizzly afternoon and were welcomed with a smile and a chat. Nothing was too much trouble.

However, there are a couple of things that confused me. 1) No TV in the room. The option to relax and watch the news or not is a must for any B&B today. Cathy says she is considering this upgrade - I hope she makes it a priority. 2) This is the first B&B I have stayed in with a coded door lock to the bedroom. It is like the ones that protect locker rooms or changing rooms and require a memory greater than mine. Cathy - change them for keys! I have to look after the front door key, so two keys is no more of a problem. (I forgot to take that post it note with the key code out, so I am glad I left the door on the latch.)

Bottom line is that Ambleside is a standard B&B with an outstanding hostess.

( Two over 50males. Stayed for one night whilst walking part of the Anglesey Coastal Path. Single room supplements. 50% deposit required to secure. )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Earby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ambleside was a very nice little b/b Cathy was very friendly and a good help, the only thing we could fault was no tv in the rooms, i think there should be tv's in rooms so you have the choice to watch it or not..but everything else was wonderful..the gang from merseyside xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed twice now at Ambleside, Cathy is wonderful, she's relaxed , easy going , she does a great breakfast, very good coffee , it's a great start to the day. Location is perfect, walk on the beach from where ever you eat or have a late drink.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Skipton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

From the very first e-mail I realised that Ambleside would give me a warm welcome and consideration of all my needs. Cathy is just so friendly. I hadn't been to Rhosneigr since I was a child and was offered a book of old Rhosneigr to look at to stir my memory just one of the thoughtful incidences that peppered my stay. Having found out that I am a WI member I was instantly invited to a meeting. Only the reason for my stay, to visit elderly relatives, prevented me from accepting. All the contacts I had in various shops and in the Bistro next door (very good food) were positive and I can thoroughly recommend Ambleside and Rhosneigr as an affirming experience for the solo traveller.

Room Tip: I was very spoilt and had the bay windowed double room at the front of the house with views of the f...