Pleasant and friendly greeting on arrival to this stunning hotel. We had booked the 2 night July deal and were greeted with a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries which we enjoyed in the sunshine on the terrace. Wonderful after a lovely long drive from Cardiff. The bedroom was beautiful and.very spacious with fabulous views over the Menai Strait. We were booked in for the tasting menu on our first evening. We were taken to a private dining room with 4 other guests after enjoying a glass of champagne in the beautiful lounge. The standard and presentation of the food was excellent and we enjoyed every one of the courses, each accompanied by a glass of wonderfully paired wine. The chef came to the table and explained how each of the courses had been prepared and put together. The waiter and waitress offered very good service and were extremely pleasant and friendly. We would definitely visit Plas Rhianfa again but there are a few niggles that need attention in light of the hotel being classed as 5 star.
1. We were not overly impressed with the buffet breakfast, a cooked to order offering would be preferable. Sausages and black pudding were not great quality
2. Carpet around the hotel appeared to be of inferior quality and badly stained in parts.
3. This may sound picky but black plug sockets in the bedroom for bedside lamps etc should have been placed near the skirting board and not higher up so that ugly leads are visible.
4. We realise that the hotel is quite new and there are things still to be completed. We would hope that next time we visit the grounds and gardens will be better tended.
All in all the hotel is beautiful and the staff we came into contact with were extremely competent and friendly. We wish nothing but the best for a successful future for Plas Rhianfa and look forward to visiting again in the not too distant future.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Rhianfa Island Of Anglesey/Menai Bridge, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château Rhianfa is an enchanting Grade II* listed Victorian home, modelled on the 16th-century French Renaissance château of Chenonceau, that stands amidst spectacular gardens on the Island of Anglesey with commanding views over the Menai Strait and towering peaks of Snowdonia. Close to the picture-postcard village of Beaumaris and just 12 miles from Snowdonia Park.A private home until 1955, the Château Rhianfa estate has undergone an extensive revamp in recent months, to both the house itself and surrounding grounds that comprise four acres and quayside. The Grand Hall, wood-panelled sitting rooms, Music Room, Drawing Room and Dining Room have all been carefully refurbished complete with Lady Sarah Hay-Williams' meticulously renovated painted ceilings. The opulent 42-foot Banqueting Hall at Château Rhianfa is a superb setting for lavish events with wooden flooring, panelled walls and breathtaking views of the Menai Strait that are sure to impress. Elsewhere, wine cellars and tasting rooms, vaulted spa rooms, a games room and lounge bar, as well as a private beach and tennis court are all available.The whole house has the feel of a regal hideaway making it an ideal location for weddings, business conferences, events, or your next product launch.There are also a number of cottages in the grounds, luxuriously furnished and available for hire on a self-catering basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau Rhianfa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.