“Lovely evening!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Menai Bridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went for food laat night and found te whole experience lovely! Beautiful restaurant, comfortable seat, lovely décor.
The food was lovely, we went for the fixed price menu, my partner who is a vegetarian really fancied a starter which was not on the foxed price menu and they allowed us to include it, which was lovely!
The portugese duck risotto was out of this world :-)
Mains were lovely, generous portion sizes and of VERY good quality. Presentation was very good!
I had the rib eye steak (which, can I add is a bargain if your doing the fixed price menu)
It was gorgeous!
My partner had the haddock with Welsh rarebit and a risotto - VERY nice!!
Desserts were to die for - we had sorbet and a peanut butter cheesecake with an Oreo base BEAUTIFUL!!

I would highly recommend this place and definately go there again!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Another Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Another visit to this superb restaurant as ever the food was wonderful and the service excellent. As always on a Saturday night the restaurant was full but this did not detract from the food or the service my tagliatelle and lobster starter was out of this world , looking forward to the next visit

Wales
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice restaurant with good early bird menu, the food I have recieved here has always been well cooked and very tasty.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anglesey Wales
“Now's the time if you haven't been since it was Ruby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had not been here since it closed as "Ruby". For a long time I heard nothing about it and then gradually started to hear from people who liked it. Recently we looked at the menu which seemed very interesting so off we went.
We walked in on a Friday night early March and even though we were given a table they said that they had been full on Friday for several weeks.
Very interesting menu. Chef from the Southern USA.
I had soft shell crab then a vegetable jumbalaya. This was only featured on the early menu which had just finished, but as it was what appealed to me most I asked if I could have it. There was no problem.
Both of these dishes were great with out of the ordinary flavours.
I had cheese for desert. There was a choice of three cheeses but two were very strongly flavoured ( chilli or garlic ) and so I had Shropshire Blue only.
The young girls serving were pleasant and smiley but we were asked three times if " everything alright with your meals?".When this restaurant was Ruby it was the first place where this question was asked of me many times in one night and it seems that the current owners feel it is a good idea! It is annoying.
Nevertheless this was a good meal and I was glad that we went. We'll be back soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I arranged a surprise family birthday celebration at The Straits for a group of 12. As I live 200 miles away all arrangements were conducted via email. Lucy, the front of house could not have been more helpful from the start, ensuring everything went smoothly down to the last detail. She even collected the birthday cake from a local shop for me! All staff were friendly and professional. When 2 extra guests arrived unexpectedly, a table, chairs & place settings appeared from nowhere without any fuss before we knew it. There was a good choice on the fixed price menu, with some imaginative and more unusual dishes, all of which were delicious. Everyone in the party had a great evening, very impressed. Thank you to all at The Straits!