“False advertisement.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Inn & Suites of Milan

Executive Inn & Suites of Milan
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milan
Executive Inn & Suites of Milan
You added Executive Inn & Suites of Milan to your Saves list
3022 South 1st Street, Milan, TN 38358 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Milan
Memphis, TN
“False advertisement.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

My sister and I were in Milan for a family event, which required an overnight stay. I found this motel (Executive Inns and Suites) on line and it said "All guest rooms, public areas and hallways have been newly decorated for your comfort."
I do not know what was redecorated, but if I was them, I would ask for my money back from the decorator. Althought the check in girl was very nice, she charged me over $100. I told her I was quoted $69. over the phone and gave her my confirmation number. Although she corrected it, I got the feeling it was a "let's see how high we can go and get away with it" kinda situation. After taxes and such, it was $79. and some change.

On the way to the room, I noticed the pool, it was not an olympic size pool as had been advertised. However, it was too cold to go swimming and I wasn't there long enough to worry about the pool, So I continued on to the room.

Well that part about The internet ad saying "All Guest Rooms have been newly decorated for your comfort." Instead of hanging that new picture on the wall, they should have paid more attention to the wobbly toilet. I almost fell off it when I sat down. The towel rack in the bathroom was half hanging on the wall and the other half was in the floor. Only two towels.. you have to go to the office to ask for more towels, if you take a shower at night and again in the morning. There is a microwave in the room, but the only outlet for it was being used by the refrigerator. To unplug the frige to use the microwave, you have to move a huge pc of furniture to get to the outlet. Also, we couldn't use the hair dryer and coffee pot at the same time... kept having to reset the breaker Also, the room was dingy and smelled. A more reasonable price would have been around 30 dollars.. not the 80 I was charged. Considering there are only two motels in Milan (that I found).. I would think the Mayor, City Officials, and the Chamber of Commerce would get more involved in trying to bring a new motel/hotel business to the area. Area businesses would benefit from new customers. Next time I will drive back to Jackson and get a decent room.

• Stayed March 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Traveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

Let me say this...the owner (Pete <his name in America>) is a nice guy...his wife is not.
She checked me in and she is curt, rude, and abrupt. She should not be allowed to have any interactions with the guests at all. I could write a whole review on her lack of people skills.
At $79.57 (including tax) this place is totally overpriced.
The rooms are small and dirty. The maids are only paid $2.00 a room to clean them and this probably explains why they're like that. I don't even know if that is legal to tell the truth.
One thing that is interesting is the autographed pictures of 'famous' people in the lobby are recent and they actually stayed here...hard to believe. I guess they have a big concert up the road during the summer each year.
The owners children are allowed to run wild about the property and are very loud...they also run amok in the lobby and use the computer constantly so don't expect that you'll be able to.
Another interesting thing...the breakfast area (such as it is - and it's tiny with nothing but coffee and a little bit of cereal) is locked up behind bars at 9:01am...I mean actually locked up behind bars!
There is nothing to recommend this place to anyone at all.

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — The owner wife is obnoxious
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Executive Inn & Suites of Milan? Share your experiences!