“Brasserie meal 17/04” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Beaumaris B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brasserie meal 17/04”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Just popped into ye olde bulls head today for a spot of lunch in the Brasserie. Service was excellent and food was tremendous. I had crispy chicken thighs followed by baked hake and my wife had meatballs Brasserie atmosphere was good and nice place inside. Been to the hotel before but this was first in brasserie and I will definite be returning. Good food and wine selection with locally sourced products cooked to perfection.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the Bulls Head a number of times before to eat in the Brasserie and always enjoyed the experience. This time I just wanted to go in the bar for a drink. Initially was made very welcome even with a dog in tow, before they realised that we had a teenager with us and was told that we had to sit in a less than welcoming side room. "It's the rules" was the comment from one of the other customers. Nice enough beer, but no choice and as a result of treatment, will not be going back.

Stayed April 2014
RADLETT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This place is owned by an egotistical person who knows little about good hotels and restaurants and wants to dictate his poor views and opinions on his guests. Reception staff were welcoming and helpful throughout. The Brasserie Manger must be employed by the competitors as I am sure no one went back a second time. Very ordinary fare served by rather silly embarrassed staff and mismanaged by an unpleasant clueless manager. Horrible car parking and a very average bedroom. Quirky can be fun but Basil Fawlty's brother wouldn't even show his face so we could enjoy the joke. There wasn't one.

Room Tip: Try another place to stay
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I arrived at this hotel feeling tired and tetchy, this did not faze the excellent receptionist who made sure that after not really liking my allocated room ensured I was truly content with where I was to lay my head.

This high standard of service continued throughout and I have not left yet - the question is will I?

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had a beautiful meal at the loft lAst evening. lovely food and excellent service. The food wS first class, excellent wine and excellent service you must try it. I have not stayed at the hotel but if the food is to go by then I am sure the hotel will be equally nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

A short notice impromptu Saturday night last weekend.
We left our home town and were in Beaumaris by 8.00pm and checked into a loft suite which was superb with an ‘open’ bathroom and timbered ceilings. The only downside was the temperature in the room when we entered – It was at least 90 degrees with all radiators on full!
We went down to dinner at 9.00 and had drinks in the residents lounge before we were called to move upstairs to the dining room at 9.30.
What followed was a fabulous meal – Well presented, great service and superb food. This is a first class fine dining restaurant and worthy of accolades including Michelin acknowledgement. We haven’t eaten this well outside London for a while and can’t recommend it enough.
Breakfast the next day was plenty and fresh.
This is a little bit more than an ‘Inn’, it’s a damn good hotel, restaurant……… and Pub!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I ate in the Brasserie and found it a little disappointing apart from the wonderful glass of sauvignon blanc I ordered. I was there on a Friday night and it is obviously a popular place so perhaps I just chose badly.
The menu didn't seem to shout local produce. There was a burger with Caerphilly cheese, but Caerphilly is miles away to the south! And Anglesey has such a wealth of good local products it seemed a shame not to use them. Nor was the menu available in Welsh which was a shame as there were a good number of Welsh speakers in the dining room that night.
I started with a French onion soup with confit of rabbit. I assumed that the confit of rabbit would come with the soup somehow rather than it. It was tasty enough but it just seemed like a way of using up some leftover confit. Then I had escalope of turkey with a goats cheese risotto (as I write I'm thinking 'are you mad'?). The escalope was fried, chopped into chunks and put on top of the very soft and slightly goaty risotto.
I didn't stay for desert.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Ye Olde Bulls Head Inn? Share your experiences!