“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Cottage B & B

You added Victoria Cottage B & B to your Saves list
Victoria Cottage B & B
Inbetween the green and Castle Square | Right in the Heart of Beaumaris, Beaumaris LL58 8DA, Wales   |
Offers & Announcements
£15 OR £20 OFF ROOM RATAE
Ranked #2 of 9 Beaumaris B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent stay with Carole and Jeff at Victoria Cottage B&B. The welcome was warm and I was told everything I needed to know about my stay, including how to operate the amazing shower in the en suite bathroom. I loved all the little extras like the welcoming piece of Carole's brandy fruit cake and the dainty tea tray with all its other goodies. The windows do not look out directly on the sea, but you can see the sea at a right angle from the window seat. There is also a view of the castle. One thing that came as a bit of a surprise was that there was no TV in the room as this is standard in most places. The website says there is a TV in the top floor suite but does not say there is one in the other 2 rooms (I was pleased to see the website was in English and Welsh, but the Welsh side has not been updated to take account of the change in the number of rooms). There was a radio and as there was free Wi-fi I could watch TV on my ipad.
Breakfast was amazing! As the cooked elements are made to order you have to order the night before, including giving an arrival time. Breakfast is served around one big table possibly with other guests which can make for an interesting experience. There were cereals, including Carole's fruity home made muesli, fruit salad, yoghurt, fruit juice, as well as a full cooked breakfast made from local ingredients, or eggs cooked in various ways. Carole makes all the jams and marmlades herself, one having been made the day before. All so delicious! I would thoroughly recommend anyone thinking of staying in the area to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Everything about our weekend stay with Carole and Jeff was superb.

Whether it was the well-appointed, spotlessly clean and stylishly decorated bedroom with fabulous ensuite facilities, the thoughtfully prepared and tasty cooked breakfast using the finest local ingredients (try the sausages), the variety of other breakfast options including the most incredible homemade muesli and possibly the best porridge I have tasted in some time, drinking their homemade sloe gin on the sofa in front of a gloriously warm log burner at the end of a day's walking or the warmth and generosity of Carole and Jeff's hospitality from start to finish, there is nothing to fault a stay at Victoria Cottage.

Everything that Carole and Jeff do is designed with their guests at the forefront of their minds so if you are considering a trip to Beaumaris, then look no further. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Victoria Cottage along with my brother and sister-in-law for two nights. It's one of the nicest places I've ever stayed. The owners Carole and Jeff make you feel so welcome. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. Every little detail is catered for. Breakfast is perfect and includes a fresh fruit salad of melon, berries, kiwi etc. I couldn't recommend Victoria Cottage more. If you're going to Beaumaris you shouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

What a fabulous B&B with all the trimmings! My wife and I decided to spend a few days in Beaumaris to welcome in the New Year, taking in some fresh, sea air and beautiful coastal walks. We chose to stay with our hosts Carole and Jeff, having looked at various options in the town. Our top floor suite (alias Penthouse)offered everything we needed providing all the home comforts which make a break a true holiday!!! Upon arrival there was a bottle of bubbly cooling in the fridge, freshly made brandy/cherry cake, a jug of milk ready for a most welcome cuppa and a genuine, warm welcome from our hosts. Nothing was too much trouble and we enjoyed a fantastic four nights on the island. Every effort had been made to provide all a visitor would need including a fabulous breakfast to start your day. We both highly recommend this B&B and will most certainly return in the near future.

Room Tip: For a couple or small family we would most certainly recommend the top floor Ashurst suite. You need...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter, husband and myself stayed here for a few days in September and we had the most amazing experience. It was our first time staying in a B&B and it ruined us for the rest of our trip. Jeffrey and Carole are the most personable couple and when we left we felt they were now a part of our family. Beaumaris is the most lovely area and the beauty of the surrounding area is some of the best memories I will cherish always. We stayed in Ashurst Suite and never heard any of the other residents that also stayed there. The food was amazing and the homemade jams were the best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lancing, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

After doing extensive research of where to stay in Anglesey, Beaumaris hit the spot.
Beautiful location & a wonderful town & a very nice place to escape it all too.
After careful consideration we chose to stay at The Victoria Cottage B & B.
On arriving at Bangor, we got a little lost on where to catch the bus & one of the owners, Carole picked us up from the station. It was like a mini guided tour of the area on our way to Beaumaris.
From the moment we got there till the day we left we were looked after & was made to feel it was our own personal B & B.
Carole & Jeff run a very very nice, posh, clean & extremely friendly B & B & the place is just 1st class. We felt so at home & at ease & the breakfast is out of this world as well as the service.
We will stay there again for sure & longer too.
Just want to say that Carole & Jeff are a credit to Anglesey & to Beaumaris & are the Jewel in the Crown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It's hard to think what else to add but I cannot resist adding to the wonderful reviews for Victoria Cottage. We booked a last minute stay for Bank Holiday Monday for two nights and we could not have been more relieved that we chose Victoria Cottage. We stayed in the Ashurst Suite which is absolutely lovely and more than enough space for the three of us. We have a young child so the separate lounge area was perfect. Carole and Jeff are genuinely lovely people and could not have made us feel more welcome. They are attentive to your every needs without being intrusive and I cannot wait to visit again. I travel a lot and have very high expectations and there was not one thing I could have faulted. The whole B&B was spotlessly clean and has been furnished beautifully. Everything available to you is of a high quality even down to the little extras like the fresh milk, the cakes and the toiletries. I have recommended the B&B to all my friends and family and describe it to them as 'flawless'. Thank you to Carole and Jeff and "hello" to Georgy.

Room Tip: All look lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Victoria Cottage B & B? Share your experiences!