Paid for this place in advance which was a major mistake. When we arrived we could not gain entry and so my husband went around the back where he saw someone inside looking out the window at him! When he eventually answered the door my husband said that we were booked in there for 2 nights: The worker there said `Are you? don`t think we`ve got you down` My husband explained that they better had as we`d paid £125! Eventually let in. What an absolute disgrace : We were in a 3 bedded room which over looked some flattish roof with air con or some sort of machineryon it. 2 plastic chirs in the room, stained carpet, uncleaned shower tray (Long hair in it) towel rail hanging off the wall. The bottom of the bed was torn and hanging off, wall paper hanging off the walls, stained (Brown) ceiling which looked like rain stains or something. The quality of the furnishig was very very bad. Outside the room the small landing was dark, dirty and grotty; there was rubbish on a shelf some off which was and old plastic toilet brush set which was the last straw for me so despite having paid £125 we left after 1 hour and found somewhere else to stay. It was a very expensive experience for us having to pay for somewhere else but after travelling 4 1/2 hours we wanted to rest in a clean, pleasant environment not this filthy, disgusting excuse for a B&B. It wants shutting down...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the historic market square of Tremadog (The Birth Place Of Lawrence Of Arabia) The Golden Fleece Inn is a truly traditional and quite unique family run Welsh Coaching Inn with a modern outlook on service and standards. Aside from our outstanding Real Ales, extensive wine list and fresh locally sourced food, we also encompass a Bistro for private dining and hotel quality B&B. You will find us recommended in many North Wales & Showdownia guides including The Good Pub guide, The Lonely Planet, CAMRA Northern Ireland, Our Tuesday night live folk jamming sessions have always been popular and are a great mid week entertainer. Our Jam session has been running for over 2 decades now and is listed We have also featured heavily in the press with wonderful recommendations and articles from newspapers such as The Guardian, Our intimate bar provides the perfect location for a romantic, drink or a quick catchup with friends over a real ale, a glass of wine or even one of our Welsh spirits including Five vodka, Brecon Gin and Penderyn whiskys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Golden Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golden Fleece Hotel Tremadog
- The Golden Fleece Inn Tremadog, Wales