We stayed for 2 nights at the Castle in order to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoyed our stay very much. The drive to Portmeirion is a pleasure and checking into our room (suite 8) revealed a lovley spacious suite with a seating area and living flame fire, a small kitchen area and a very modern bathroom with a large jacuzzi type bath. The bed was also very large and comfortable and was complemented with bathrobes and slippers.
We dined on the first night in the hotel restaurant down at the bottom of the village (complimentary shuttle bus service) and have to say we slighty prefered the food and ambiance at that location, thats not to say the dining experience at the castle was poor,its just we preferred the first venue.
Walking through the extensive grounds of Portmeirion is a pleasure and on a cold winters morning to return at lunch time and sit in front of an amazing roaring log fire within the castle is one of lifes little luxuries. The fireplace is 150 years old and is magnificent during the cold months, the fact that there is an adjacent bar serving local beers and cocktails is a reason enough to spend a couple of hours warming up.
A special mention to the staff, they are all very friendly and helpful and help to make the stay special. In conclusion if you like staying in oldy worldy castles but with all the mod cons discreetly included, in a stunning setting then pay this place a visit, i dont think you will be disappointed !!
- Also Known As:
- Castell Deudraeth Hotel
- Castell Deudraeth Portmeirion
- Castell Deudraeth Hotel Portmeirion
- Castell Deudraeth Portmeirion, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castell Deudraeth has eleven spacious and stylish rooms over three floors. The ground floor has a gastropub restaurant and bar plus a Victorian walled garden which al fresco dining in fine weather. The interiors merge traditional materials with contemporary design. Welsh oak and slate feature prominently as well as leather, wool and stone. Guests have free access to all of Portmeirion village’s facilities and a shuttle bus service. ... more less