We liked Bistro Prego a lot. Our room on the front was bright and clean, with plenty of hot water and water pressure. We stayed two nights while walking Offa's Dyke Path, and the second night we arrived very wet. The door leads right into the restaurant, and so we took off our muddy boots and walked through the restaurant. Maybe the hotel entrance should be the door in the back so that the mud could be contained. I do agree that the corridors need a timed light that has a lighted switch so it can be located. The room was quiet until the street sweepers came through early in the morning, but that was not much of a problem.
The restaurant is terrific; we wound up eating there two nights even though we had planned to try somewhere else. The lamb, duck, beef, pasta, and fish dishes were all great, and the chocolate nemesis was delicious. For the quality it was good value, with a good wine list, even at the less expensive end. And you get a discount on the food if you are staying at the hotel. The breakfast was also excellent--finally some good sausages--with lots of variety.. If you are walking you can get good sandwiches across the street at No. 18.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the pedestrianised centre of the old part of Monmouth town, quiet and free of a lot of traffic noise. We are an ideal place to stay, with 8 en suite bedrooms and a 2 AA rosette awarded bistro offering informal dining below. Ample public parking is available right outside the back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bistro Prego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bistro Prego Hotel Monmouth
- Bistro Prego Monmouth, Wales, UK