“Two days in rain mist cold and gales” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Victoria Inn

and 1 more site!
You added The Victoria Inn to your Saves list
The Victoria Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Llanbedr, Llanbedr, Snowdonia National Park LL45 2LD, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Llanbedr B&B and Inns
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Two days in rain mist cold and gales”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We'd decided to stay at The Victoria for a couple of days and do some hard trekking up on the mountains.
We've always intended to stay there for many years and when the time came we were ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED with one exception - restaurant management.

We booked a table for dinner after a gruelling day on Saturday in the restaurant. My partner was stuck in an alcove and the table itself was in a corner with little room. We decided to move to the cheerful bar where we enjoyed our meal.
On Sunday morning we had the restaurant for breakfast except all guests were crammed onto one side of the dining room .......again with little space beteen tables -----the remainder of the restaurant was unused.
A little common sense and foresight could have saved this blip on an otherwise joyous weekend away.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent ensuite newly re-furbished
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a pub full of charm and populated by very friendly staff. There is a good selection of drinks, including three Robinson cask ales. Although not a fan of the premium beer I enjoyed the rather good pale ale and found the IPA not bad either (just had to return the next day to check quality - repeatedly).

We stayed for Sunday lunch in the restaurant, which we thought to be reasonable value. The lamb was a tad overdone for my liking but the portions were good and tasty. The home made hummus starter was excellent and my wife reported the salmon was spot on.

The service was a little slow but that is hardly surprising given the crowds that descended for the Bank Holiday weekend. The bar was packed yet the staff remained cheerful...

Love the beer garden with its children's play ground. Plenty of seats and tables. The toilets were clean and in good order. You can get cash from an ATM inside (£1.50 charge). There is a large car park across the road - it's needed!

I enjoyed our couple of visits and will visit again next time I'm in the area. Might even be tempted to stay overnight so I can continue taste testing the pale ale.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited the Victoria inn whilst we were camping and judging from the beautiful building and scenery we had high hopes for good food. How wrong we were.
We had our order taken by a very pleasant and helpful person. The food came out the kitchen within 5 minutes to our surprise. Some might say that's great service but when the food arrived you could tell a lot if it had been cooked by a microwave. The portion sizes were ok, however I think they should cut back on the chip portion, far too many and it looked they were trying to fill the plate. My 3 yr old had a cheeseburger meal, the beans had to have been cooked in the microwave with the little pot they came in as myself and my son burnt our fingers. :0(
I had the rack of ribs special, it tasted like one that you cook in its bag from Aldi!!!! It didn't come with corn or coleslaw as read, instead it was with chips and a shed load of iceberg lettuce and a tomato and a piece of cucumber, basically thrown together. All in all the meal was £50 including drinks. However I feel it was extremely over priced for a meal I could have got in wetherspoons!!!! Cheap chips and cheap produce. :0(

• Stayed May 2013
Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed 2 nights 10 & 11 May 2013 - stayed many times before and everything good again. It is a lively pub with good quality food and drinks and a lovely garden area. Rooms are nice and breakfast is very good. If you are the kind of person bothered by normal pub noise at and after closing time (as some who have reviewed before have said) then please stay elsewhere or "live and let live" (or do as I did and stay in the bar and talk to the locals!!). Nice staff, nice location, an all round nice pub with food, rooms and atmosphere. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lightwater
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed there a couple of nights ago prior to a car event at Llanbedr airfield.
Was very pleasantly surprised considering the very reasonable price, £45 for b&b!
Spacious bedroom with enormous double bed, spacious en-suite with bath/shower. Spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making faciities, decent quality LCD TV with local channels and even free wifi throughout the pub and rooms, which beats many 5* hotels I've stayed in!

Evening meal was decent pub grub, nothing fancy, but generous portions. Unicorn bitter was very nice with it.
Breakfast was also pretty good and they accomodated us by serving it at 7:45am rather than the 8:30 which is their normal start time.

All in all, a very pleasant place to stay, eat and drink in. Will definitely return if I go to another event in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here in the last week from Sunday to Thursday on my own as I had training in the neighbouring Dyffryn Ardudwy

The area surrounding the hotel is extremely picturesque and very beautiful, not too far from the coastline with access to Shell Island.
There is plenty of opportunity for beautiful country walks & exploring but also if you wanted a nice relaxing weekend away then it is also perfect.
It is 10 minutes walk from the train station where you can get to places like Barmouth & Pwllheli if you don't fancy taking the car.

The hotel has a beautiful bar and food area with television and plenty of opportunity to relax during the evenings;
As soon as I arrived I was welcomed by helpful & friendly staff
I had such a wonderful stay and It was mainly down to the staff throughout the week in particular Nia, John, Lena, Emma & Josh they were absolute treasures absolutely nothing was ever too much trouble and they did everything possible to make my duration at the hotel a great experience.

My room was an amazing size and decorated very tastefully. I was extremely impressed by the standard of facilities in the room. The bed was unbelievably comfortable
Also with the area surrounding the hotel being particularly quiet my sleep was never disturbed my traffic or any other noises in the surrounding environment.
The view from my window was spectacular!!!!

The housekeeping staff could not be faulted every day and constantly keeping everything spotless providing fresh towels and replenishing the coffee making facilities everyday.

The breakfast staff were brilliant and the food was always cooked to perfection.
The food at this hotel is absolutely brilliant and I found the food & portion sizes were more than substantial and great value for money. (don't know what anybody is moaning about!!)
They have a lovely garden at the back of the hotel perfect for the smokers!! as it's undercover but nice for relaxing in the evenings too!

All in all the entire experience at this hotel has definitely warranted another visit in the Summer when the weather is a bit brighter & warmer.

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in this area you will not be disappointed with this hotel as it was brilliant thanks to the wonderful staff!! even if you're travelling alone or for business this hotel ticks all the boxes!

I can't wait to visit again! :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Uttoxeter
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went for a early meal and ordered starters mine was fine but expensive my husband ordered Welsh Rarebit with tomato salad but what arrived was dissappointing with the quantity with only one small piece of ciabatta bread and 3 small wedges of tomato on a bed of the usual bag of mixed lettice salad. He expected the tomato salad to be more tomato than salad as the name implied. We did comment by saying is that it but the waitress never battered an eyelid. Fortunately we hadn't ordered a main course so we didn't bother after seeing what arrived for our starters.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!