“Just superb.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Criccieth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Launceston, United Kingdom
“Just superb.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My partner and I had dinner here last night we had not seen the other reviews , we simply passed it in the street as we were walking around the town and looked in the window and at the menu. And decided to return for dinner.
The inside is contemporary in style and well presented. The menu is varied and certainly tempting in its offerings, I decided on the steak as I had not had one in a while my partner had the welsh lamb I have to say in both cases the food was cooked and served to perfection . I asked for my steak to be cooked medium, and to my surprise it was perfect. As I have found over the years people have a problem cooking steak correctly or as asked , the vegetables again perfectly cooked not to hard nor sloppy and wet . We had desert and again perfect and well presented. The waitress we had was also very good at her job attentive, and smiled, she knew what to do and how to do it well. And as a qualified working butler I know and understand what constitutes good service, the wines , I sampled two on offer the Pinot Grigio and the the Australian Shiraz but served at the correct temperature and were great. This is not what I would call a family restaurant unless you are all adults, this is defiantly a place for taking friends ,partners and or colleagues out for a rare treat of good wine,food and service that you would not find in a lot of places bit it is here in cricceth . Congratulations to the owners and chef you have a great place and serve lovely food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gibraltar
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I must admit that I did not expect to eat this well in Criccieth! The owner/chef is French and with his Welsh wife produced a really nice meal. Using local ingredients with a little French flair they served up a memorable dinner.

Visited May 2014
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Our second visit this year !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were so impressed by our first visit a couple of months ago that we decided to have seconds! All the staff were very friendly and polite. Our evening was not rushed at all and the restaurant was very busy so its best to book. We had the crab, dill and chilli for starters along with a generous bread box selection. My wife had the sea bass with a red pepper sauce with French fries and a side salad. I had lamb rump with season vegetables and new potatoes. Our meals looked great and tasted even better, all washed down with a nice Pinot Grigio blush.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Absolutely loved Tir-A-Mor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined in Tir-a-mor yesterday and were incredibly impressed by the ambiance and the friendliness of the staff. The food was absolutely fantastic! I had the cod (the sauce was out of this world, and the fish and vegetables were cooked to perfection) followed by the chocolate brownie (gooey, chocolatey and just wonderful!) and he had the seafood pot (the monkfish was spectacular, he had a great selection of fish and the sauce was lovely) followed by the apricot tart (sweet, flavoursome and delicious).

We will definitely be going back on our next visit to the Llyn Peninsula! :D

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Five Star Three Course Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were turned away by Poachers Restaurant and ended up at Tir A Mor. And we were certainly glad we did. The restaurant was very busy but they found us a table on the first floor. We both chose the three course set menu, including a glass of house of wine, for £23.
My wife chose the mackerel pate, chicken and creme brulee. I chose a salad for starter, cod with a ginger and chilli sauce and the creme brulee. The quality was excellent,as was the presentation. The size of the portions belied the price.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere