It had always been our intention to return to Plas Dinas after visiting there for our son's civil ceremony and winning the "name the sheep" competition gave us an ideal opportunity.
From the tea and delicious home made cake on arrival, the sumptuous breakfasts cooked to order and welcoming log fire in the lounge, it is Andy and Julian's meticulous attention to detail that makes your stay such a delight.
Our hosts were always available to ensure our stay was fitting of the five-star rating but in no way was this in an intrusive manner. We were so pleased to see Patsy the dog looking well, after her recent illness and to meet Saffy the sheep.
Our two-night stay gave us an ideal opportunity to visit the historical town of Caernarfon which is only minutes away and to explore the lovely Island of Anglesey across the Menai Strait.
We certainly look forward to again enjoying the peace and tranquility of Plas Dinas at the earliest opportunity.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.