This was our fourth stay at Plas Dinas and as usual it was excellent. The hotel is an oasis of calm and efficiency. Sitting by the roaring log fire in the lounge is particularly relaxing. Add to this some of Andy's cake and tea and nothing could be better. Breakfast and evening meals are very good, served with professionalism and always time for a chat with the hosts. The local town of Caernarfon is small but good and the castle is probably the best in the UK. We will return as soon as we can.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.