“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mold
Sunderland
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed here as part of a two day beak with National holidays. We were greeted by the manager before we got off the bus and given a warm welcome. Our room was very warm, comfortable,and clean. The public areas of the hotel had two restaurants, quite a big bar and lounge which served pub grub, three function rooms and a squash court. There were two coach parties staying whilst we were there, so we were served our evening meal in one of the function rooms. The food was very good with a small choice of menu and very well served. Breakfast on the other hand was very poor, in fact the worst breakfast I have had at any hotel. The cooked breakfast was cold, the sausage did not taste like sausage, they ran out of baked beans and the tea was so weak it looked like boiled water. I would however give this hotel another try when I am next in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We left the De Vere St Davids and for the second night moved to the Beaufort. The Beaufort was a completely different experience. we had a very warm welcome by all who worked there. We arrived very early due to the snow but were made to feel this was not a problem at all. Our room was very big and warm.
We decided not to leave the hotel due to the weather and were very glad we stayed. The food was excellent. My husband's burger, coleslaw and hand cut chips was amazing. The chips were the best I've had in ages. The children's meals are the best we've experienced in a while, the same quality as adults. I had the chilli which I ate far to much of but couldn't resist.
The quality of the breakfast was very good especially the sausage.
we really enjoyed this hotel and will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We came to the Beaufort for New Year's Eve dinner and had a fantastic time.
The whole evening was brilliant, the staff were so organised, friendly and polite and made the evening start off so well.
There were six people in our party and they all commented on how good the whole evening was. The flying balloons on the table broke the ice with everyone and we had a great laugh with the parties on the adjoining tables.
The whole menu was fantastic and there was no shortage of food. I don't eat a lot myself but I did on this night. Managed to dance the calories off later though.
We stayed over at the hotel and this made the evening so special, the room was excellent. I couldn't get up in the morning I was too comfortable but eventually made it to breakfast. The breakfast was excellent.
This hotel is excellent, I have been before and I have never been disappointed. Can't wait for our next visit which hopefully won't be too far off. Thanks to all the staff for making our new year party so good.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here as we had a business appointment the next day. The lady on reception was extremely pleasant and helpful and the whole reception area was very welcoming. For the money the room was excellent value, the only minor quibble would be the very out of date tv with poor signal. A member of the staff quickly came to look and explained it was a signal problem and although nothing could be done there and then he still took the trouble to look and explain. We were tired so opted for room service, the menu was limited and as my wife has specific dietary needs I went to the reception where both the helpful lady and gentleman staff members were still on duty. They advised us to check the restuarant and other food menus as they would ask the chef if he would cook us something from there, he did this and the food arrived quickly, there was plenty of it and it was delicious, it was really good of them all to do this and was much appreciated. The breakfast next morning was also very good, friendly serving staff, plenty of choice and cooked to perfection. Maybe some money spent on updating the rooms and changing the tv s to more modern flatscreen would enhance guests stay I think this hotel as it is , is welcoming and has friendly helpful staff who are a credit to it. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

exceeded my expectations staff were very friendly, quietly efficient, hotel was spotlessly clean restaurant meals and service was excellent surprisingly spacious rooms would recommend the hotel will also consider re visiting this year a very enjoyable stay with my family

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, Dec 2012 with my wife and children (the last time we stayed here was back in 1997 on our honeymoon, so our choosing this location had as much to do with that as being in proximity to Mold for visiting with family.

Check in - friendly, welcoming and efficient service - no problems encountered at all.

Staff - Every member of staff we encountered and interacted with at the hotel during our stay was friendly, pleasant, polite and always helpful.

Rooms - both of the rooms we took were spacious enough, clean, tidy and smelled fresh. Thermostat controlled heaters warmed things up nicely, and windows could be opened for some fresh air. Beds were very comfortable, clean bedding and smelled fresh.Coffee and tea making facilities were available in the room, as was a trouser press, hair dryer etc.

Bathroom - generally clean, tidy and fresh smelling. Shower temperature was great, as was the water pressure.

In room entertainment - TV's were available in both rooms, and were tuned into about 12 of the available 'freeview' channels. Complimentary internet access is available, although unfortunately the connection to the hotel failed for about 24 hours of our stay. When it was working though, it was stable, and fast enough.

Communal areas - the hotel lobby area, and first floor landing are beautifully decorated and furnished, giving a great first impression of the hotel on entering.

Food - Breakfast - a good choice of hot and cold food, juices, tea and coffee etc. Hot food was well cooked and very tasty.

Dinner - we had our dinners in the 'Arches' bar at the hotel each evening, and had no problems with any of the food at all. All cooked and presented properly, and good value I think, given there were 4 of us eating (under 40 pounds to feed 2 adults and 2 children).

Location - The hotel is situated in New Brighton, just outside Mold, so a 5 minute trip into town in one direction, and the A55 is only 5 minutes in the other direction via Alltami.

I think the one thing that could be termed a 'downside' to staying here is that the rooms are most definitely in need of updating / redecorating. I'm not sure how much of that has taken place in the 15 years since we last stayed here, but I suspect it's not much - at least not in the case of the 2 rooms we had. In the bathrooms, the extractor fans that come on with the lights are definitely in need of servicing (in one of our rooms the fan worked, although it only remained on for about 5 minutes after turning the light off, rather than the advertised 15 minutes - in the other room, the fan didn't work at all). Soundproofing may be a little poor also - I noted one afternoon that music being played downtairs in the bar / dining room area (I assume during a party of some sort) was audible in the room clearly enough to make out what song it was - anything similar happening late at night then may well be likely to disrupt sleep for those in rooms nearby.

In fairness to the hotel, it has to be said that none of the above impacted our stay negatively at any time - the next time we are looking to visit family in Mold, the Beaufort Park will *definitely* be our 'go to' destination for somewhere to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but there doesn't appear to be an elevator...