My party of four stayed in the hotel for one night as a short break away, our nearest devere hotel was fully booked so we decided to do some shopping in cheshire oaks then go to this hotel which was only about 15 minutes away.
The hotel exterior is nice but it's location right on a busy round about and fly over is not ideal.
The reception area was nice and modern and check in was fast although I wasn't really too sure why when checking in a card for any extra charges you are charged £25 as I'm sure with most hotels we have stayed in just take your details and then charge them in the morning or afterwards if you do a runner!
We got lost on the way to our rooms as there is no lobby as such, more like a rabbit warren, there seems to be a lack of signage, this then meant us taking the stairs tho the second floor using a fire escape/ general purpose stairwell that was tired looking with old floor tiles and damp on the walls.
When we found our way to the "upper deck" (328) room we found it to be clean and tidy but of a fairly small size. The only real small fault with this room was that the radiator shelf is cracking away from the wall.
We met up in the victory bar down stairs which was nice, modern and stylish with a good range of drinks and helpful staff.
We moved on to the restaurant (seperate review)
We came back to the bar and then headed back to our rooms, finally finding a small lift.
In the morning we came down for breakfast and were quite surprised by how busy it was, the buffet and breakfast fayre was pretty standard but enjoyable, we returned to our rooms to pack and went down to check out.
Check out was quick and efficient.
All in all a decent stay and would stay again if I needed to but would probably eat out somewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Chester St Davidls is close to the historical City of Chester and is also an ideal base for touring the splendours of the Snowdonia National Park and North Wales coastline. Excellent motorway access allows you to visit some superb attractions, swimming with sharks at the Blue Planet Aquarium to a gentle steam railway journey through the picturesque Vale of Llangollen. Village Urban Resort Chester St David's has 140 stylish bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, an Urban Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Village Urban Resort Chester St David's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Chester St. David`s Hotel Ewloe
- De Vere St Davids Park
- Village Urban Resort Chester St David's Ewloe, Wales - Flintshire