“Shabby pub gone downhill” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Llanaber
Cuisines: Pub
Telford
“Shabby pub gone downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very disappointed to find this pub so run down (several years ago it was a favourite).
The food was poor to dreadful - from 6 adult meals only about a quater of the food was eaten.
The place needs a good clean - especially the table tops.
Shame really, the location could not be better, lovely sea views.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped of here one Saturday 2 weeks ago. Well where do I start, as we were in a rush that day I bought the drinks as we went in, I askes the barman about the food, only to be told that the menu's are over there, most helpful. I then decided the quickest food item would be a sandwhich
and a plate of chips, I went to order at the bar, I was told food orders round the corner. Off I trotted, only to be met by the most miserable person you could want to meet. The time was 1.35, I asked how long it would be, I was told by the "Cook" about 15 mins wait. Well we waited and waited, after 30 mins we asked about the food, only to be told it was on its way. 45 mins later still no food and to top it all someone that ordered after us got there's before us. At that point we got up to leave and ask for our money back. Were they bothered noooooo, well the boy was not in the least. The "Cook" came out and said that every one is done in turn, no we said it did not happen today. What a dive. I can not comment on value for money as we did not get the food

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Good food with a fantastic view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited here to eat and have a drink on two nights running. The weather was in the high twenties on both evenings so we sat on the terrace to eat. Out here you can take your dogs with you and also on a not so nice day you can also sit in the conservatory with your dog. There was water tubs placed around for the dogs too. The view from the terrace is fantastic looking over the fields towards the beach and the sea.
Now to the food there is quite a range on the menu, one thing it does lack is a choice of salads which would be nice for those who don't fancy a big meal. Over the two nights we sampled four different meals, the pork stack, mushroom and leek crumble, chilli and welsh beef curry. While I guess they are not all cooked fresh but pre made like a lot of places they were all tasty and of good portion sizes. The prices were quite reasonable averaging about £20 for two main courses. Yes I know you can go to your big chains and get 2 for 1 but this is a local pub which makes its money I guess during the summer holiday season.
The decor in the pub could do with a bit of a freshen up but it was clean and tidy. The barman on both nights was quick and efficient and the waiting staff were as efficient and very friendly. As I return again and again to the campsite we were staying on I guess we may become regulars to the Wayside Inn, and that includes Freddy the dog too.

• Visited July 2013