“DON"T DO IT! The American Way Location” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn/Memphis Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3875 American Way, Memphis, TN 38118   |
Ranked #98 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
1truescorpio
“DON"T DO IT! The American Way Location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

We stayed at the American Way location, next to the bus station. We tried to stay at this hotel the weekend of the Southern Heritage, in Memphis, TN and i will say this "Oh Hell No!". First of all the motel use to be a Red Roof Inn, decades ago and to this day they still have the log and info from Red Roof in the rooms. Then they say they have microwaves in the rooms and its only a certain few and then they want to charge you 5.00 more for it. The first room we had was dirty and had a smell in it. The chairs in the rooms had burn marks on them and also on the table in the room. The bathroom was dirty, the tub filthy, walls dirty, and the room was very dim lit. So we requested another room, and the manager got smart and said "we aint Holiday Inn". So after paying the 5.00 for a room that had a refrigerator and a microwave, this room had no air, holes in the walls, some mystery stuff on the back of the door, dirty towels, dirty tub, funny smell, and nasty sheets. So we requested our money back, the manager was ticked all the way off and said the reasons why the rooms were dirty is because he can't afford cleaning supplies. We were charged 10.00, just to get our refund and the manger followed us out to the parking lot talking loud and crazy to us. In the mist of him doing that he ran off 5 customers that were looking for rooms. We didn't start any of this, we wasn't being disrespectful to the management or anyone else on the property just wanted a clean room with air, and what was advertised. Now in the second room the bathroom looked like if you would have sat on that seat it would've gave you a STD. We will never stay here ever again. We ended up finding room at the Sleep Inn on American Way.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

Okay, I was stranded in Memphis and had no where to stay as my flight was cancelled. This was one of the only hotels that had a room....now I know why! This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen! To call this a dump is an insult to dumps! It was soo bad that I called a cab to come and get me 15 minutes after I had checked in and paid my $70!! (at midnight) Also, it was raining and I had three children with me. I would rather have slept at the airport on the BATHROOM floor than spend the night at the Best Value! Had the local forensic department come and swept the room with ultra violet lighting I am quite sure they would have found evidence of many, many terrible things that transpired there! The taxi driver who came to get us said - and I quote... "man I wouldn't stay there for free!" enough said!

Stayed July 2007

Been to Americas Best Value Inn/Memphis Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn/Memphis Airport

Address: 3875 American Way, Memphis, TN 38118
Location: United States > Tennessee > Memphis
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #98 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn/Memphis Airport 2*
3 story exterior corridor property, with elevator. Short drive to Memphis International Airport and Graceland. Restaurants and lounges close. Close to University of Memphis. Gas and diesel nearby. Next to MATA bus station. FREE wi-fi. FREE parking for cars/trucks/buses. No pets. The Americas Best Value Inn of Memphis,TN is centrally located a short 12 miles from the center of Memphis nightlife, such as Beale St, where you can dine at BB-King's or Elvis's Restaurants, visit Graceland. Just 3 miles from Memphis International Airport. If games of chance are in the cards, there is a world class casino just 25 miles away as well as a Dog Track just 15 miles from our location. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn/Memphis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn/Memphis Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.