“Not so bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Memphis East

You added Red Roof Inn Memphis East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Memphis East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Shelby Oaks Drive, I-40 at Sycamore View Boulevard, Exit #12, Memphis, TN 38134   |
Ranked #59 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Geneva, Switzerland
“Not so bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

I stayed in this hotel for a night because I had my appointment nearby.This is almost the same type of hotel I stayed in Arkansas years ago. I am satisfied ,though my room was situated at the end of the building where you can hear passing of vehicles in the highway. Anyway, I will certainly come back here whenever I will go in Memphis again.

• Liked — Cheap rate
  • Disliked — The sheets not smell fresh.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2006

Clean, quiet and friendly desk staff. What else could you ask for $41 a night?

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kettering, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

I stayed an evening here on my way home from a vacation on the other side of the country.

This hotel is the hotel that time forgot! I felt like I had stepped back into the 1980's upon entering my room. It's not in the nicest part of town, but I am happy to report that nothing happened. (But I did take all of the valuables out of my car and bring them into the room before retiring for the night!)

My room wasn't completely clean - the previous occupant's trash was sitting in a trashcan on the counter in the room. There were a few stains on the blanket on the bed, but it looked like bleach... which is way better than it could be!

However, I did get a good night sleep. The bed was very comfortable and I had no issues whatsoever getting to bed. The shower, while dated, worked great and felt really good after a long day of driving.

All in all, given the price of the hotel, I'm pleased with my stay. The lack of services would make me hesitate staying more than one night, but for a cheap place to crash while driving, this place will do the job.

• Liked — Easy access off of I-40
  • Disliked — Location - I felt like I needed to get everything of value out of my car
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

If you want absolute budget then this is almost it. $38 gets you a simple room with a tv and not much else. No internet at all and I did notice that there were some apparent cleaning issues such as bottles and wrappers being stuffed in various spots behind the furniture. My room had wires hanging out behind the desk where the cable hooks up to the tv...electrical hazard for sure. There were some shady characters there but I never felt insecure. The place was actually full so I guess people will put up with minor inconveniences. The girl at the desk was great and had a good attitude.

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

Stayed here one night, left for one night to stay in a nearby town, returned to this hotel for another 2 nights. Both rooms were Kings, first room was cleaner (floors) but both were ok. The bed takes up most of the space, small table and 2 chairs were in the way and we moved them to make a walkway around the bed. Adequate for our needs, Red Roof is pet-friendly and we have stayed at several. Convenient to I-40, family restaurants within walking distance, nice landscaping, staff is friendly and helpful, GREAT coffee machine for your morning coffee, needed a clock/radio in room and they replaced it immediately. We paid $42.49 online rate and felt it was a good value. Maintanance says they're due for a renovation within the year. Would stay here again.

• Liked — location, price/value
  • Disliked — needs a continental breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I found the hotel to be very clean and very quiet. It is right off of I-40 and very easy to find. This was the first time that I have stayed at this hotel, but I have stayed in this area several times and have never been concerned about safety. The hotel was very inexpensive, and I would definately stay there again.

• Liked — Cheap, clean, and quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — If driving from downtown memphis, it is off exit 12. Not 12A, 12B, or 12C - just 12, which is after 12C.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

We stayed here during our road trip, one the first night we'd booked 2 rooms but couldn't get there in time due to car trouble and was no hassle changing the booking on the day. Location is fairly easy to find and you can walk to places to eat if you're a bit tired, although obviously not great places to eat. Room was clean and a good size. Didn't seem noisy.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Red Roof Inn Memphis East? Share your experiences!