“Okay for the money, would not stay again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Memphis East

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Memphis East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Memphis East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Shelby Oaks Drive, I-40 at Sycamore View Boulevard, Exit #12, Memphis, TN 38134   |
Ranked #58 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Winchester, Virginia
“Okay for the money, would not stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night while going to Graceland. For the money we paid, around $49 a night this wasn't a bad deal. While checking in the staff seemed to not care that I had to wait while she went thru the reservations looking for somebody else's while I was standing there (there was nobody else even there, this could've been done later). The room was clean, the cover on the bed was the ugliest thing you'll ever see. The stay was good, housekeeping woke us up bright and early at 7am wanting to clean the room, we advised them we were checking out and to come back later. The motel wasn't really near Graceland, but we stayed here for the price. What you see is what you get here. It was located near a Walgreen's which we did take advantage of, there was also a McDonald's a stone's throw away. Would not stay again.

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — Housekeeping waking us at 7am even tho we were checking out that same day
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

I booked this hotel online even after reading these reviews. I liked that it was pet friendly with no extra fee's. It seemed fairly safe, except late at night it was very noisy outside our room I found myself looking out the window a lot at my car to make sure it was ok. lol The bathroom was very clean. The carpets had a few stains on them and felt/looked dirty. The bed was comfortable. Don't go to the mcdonalds by there either..its horrible - the menu isnt even by the speaker...how are you supposed to order like that? lol
I wouldnt recommend this hotel, on my way back to NC from CA I will look for a different hotel to stay at.

• Liked — pet friendly, clean bathroom
  • Disliked — dirty stained floor.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

I originally stayed at this Red Roof in February and did not have any major problems. However, when I called to check the availability of rooms for a date in March, an employee took it upon themselves to access my credit card information from a previous stay--you only have to stay once to be considered a regular guest and your credit card information "saved," a policy I wasn't aware of--and made a reservation for me, even though I did not authorize it. When I did not appear on that date--again, I was only checking availability, not making a reservation--I was charged for the night. I have spent a great deal of time in the past two months trying to have this charge removed and have gotten a different response from each local and/or corporate employee I speak to. I was even told that it was "assumed" that I was making a reservation when I simply gave my name, even though I did not give them my credit card number nor authorize them to use the one on file. Do not stay at this hotel unless you are ready to be charged for a room you did not reserve and did not stay in. I will never stay at another Red Roof Inn, no matter where it's located.

• Disliked — The fact they used my credit card information without my permission.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
angeloforange
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

In every hotel you have good and bad. My family stayed in this hotel one night in memphis tenn. We left the next day here is my review. I am typeing just before we leave.
We got there and check in was easy. The water pressure in the showers was alright. the coffee was good. Two of the three rooms where alright. The Television didnt have many channels. There was much noise going on from outside. We didnt have enough towels or shampoo. The Pillows where extremely flat and uncofortable as where the beds.
When we called for some more stuff we had to go and get it. The third room we had was NASTY! there were stains on the floor the walls ect. there werent any shades on ANY of the lights. When my niece and my cousins friends little girl crawled on the floor then picked up there was black stuff ALL on the front of their legs. the bottom of your feet/ socks turned black also.
cheap prices dont always mean that there are bad rooms. In our case it was a 1 out of 3 rooms. I suggest that you pay the extra 20 or so bucks and get a different hotel.

Stayed April 2008
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

Avoid! This is not worth any price, no matter how cheap.
Dirty rooms, non-working A/C, unresponsive staff. The room I reserved was non-smoking, but I got a "former" smoking room - the carpet still stinks, the furniture has cigarette burns, the bed was lumpy. I called the front desk, they claimed they were very busy and would call back - they never did. They genuinely didn't give a hoot about any of their guests. I wouldn't stay here again for free. And their guest service guarantee? Useless, since their customer service office closes at 5:30. Red Roof Inn is always a gamble, but this one is a very bad bet. Too bad photos can’t convey smell.

• Liked — That I left.
  • Disliked — Not a single positive point. It should be torn down.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sunnyvale, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

I stayed at the Red roof Inn Memphis east for 3 days. Although I checked in a little late due to my arrival at the airport, checking in was no problem. Well, the usual things like lights, bath accessories, heaters/cooler was fine. It was located conveniently from the Memphis airport on the I40. But apart from this, the bathroom was kind of dinghy, the towels were not that good, the TV remote didn't work and definitely for the price paid, the room (2 king Bed) was kind of small. And, I did not even book it at the last minute. I booked it at least 3 weeks before. So, it definitely needs a lot of improvement.

• Liked — Location, simple for a night stay but not for 3-day stay
  • Disliked — No accessories, dinghy bathrooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southerner
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

We recently stayed here for two nights during a weekend getaway to Memphis. We were only about a 15-20 min. drive down I-40 to downtown Memphis and were within easy walking distance to several restaurants, other hotels, stores, etc. (We walked to the Cracker Barrel next door for both breakfast and dinner). Felt very safe here and the place seemed very quiet despite the fact that they were completely booked. Only complaints were the rude housekeeping staff we had to encounter. Will stay here again if not at this hotel then at least at this exit (12).

• Liked — Easy access to I-40 and close to necessities.
  • Disliked — Housekeeping staff very rude.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof Inn Memphis East? Share your experiences!