“BED BUGS !!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Memphis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Memphis Downtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Memphis Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   210 South Pauline Street - I-240 at Union Avenue/Madison Avenue, Exit #30, Memphis, TN 38104 (Formerly Red Roof Inn) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #80 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Los Angeles, California
“BED BUGS !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Don`t stay in this motel, it is full with BED BUGS. We went to sleep and the next morning we were full with bites. Only on my right arm I have 29 bites ! Now I am desperate because we are on the road, we go to visit my cousin in Florida, FULL WITH UGLY BITES, our luggage were in the room and there is a big possibility to have some bugs in our suitcase. We reported the case via e mail to Motel 6, and they answer that we have to isolate our clothes and wash them in hot water. Ha, ha ha!
Now I am thinking very seriously to go back to LA, because I am afraid to go in my cousin home with bed bugs.
Not to mention that the room was smelling bad, the carpet was FULL with stains Don`t go there!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sudbury, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

If I had a choice in staying in this hotel, I definitely would NOT have! My parents booked this hotel for the soul purpose of being cheap as we were staying there for 9 days.
I should have left when on the 2nd night of our stay someone tried to break into our room while we were sleeping. We called security and they took over 15 minutes to arrive. Of course we made a complaint to the front desk but she had no sympathy for what had happened.
This didn't happen once but TWICE. On our 7th night stay, they same thing happened, someone tried breaking into our room. They tried so hard that my father had to force the door shut with his own body weight. We had to make so much noise to try and alert other guests and hopefully that would scare off the intruder ( I apologise!) . We did call the police followed by the security.
We should have left the moment the first attempted break-in happened but finding another hotel was impossible during Elvis week.

Towels were never replaced and had to continually ask for them at the front desk. The washer/dryer damaged my clothing and the bed and pillows were like sleeping on rocks.

Overall I was shocked to know that a hotel like this could still be in business. The staff were not at all concerned about the break-in attempts and replied to our complaints as: "It happens"

Before booking this hotel, please ask yourself:
"Is my safety worth $50 a night?"

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Security and the feeling of being un-safe!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
510Traveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

Another stop on our road trip out east... We stayed here one night because it was cheap ($50), close to downtown (~1.5 miles), and pet-friendly. It is the most simple place you will possibly find and good if all you want is JUST a bed to sleep in for the night. As soon as we drove up, I was regretting our decision... Then we got inside... there was a brown spot on one of the hand towels, NO bath towels, black specks (like cigarette ashes) all over the plastic that covers the plastic cup, small bathroom, cracked hole in one of the drawers, small bathroom, and NO internet access. We drove around the building once before finding the check-in office, where there was one lady behind a counter with a phone and a computer. Other than that, the place was pretty much bare. It was the only place we stayed at where we paid up front and got a receipt for our stay at check-in. The only thing that made us feel better was that we had our dog (the place is pet-friendly and does not charge a fee), as we felt unsafe otherwise. There was a party of beer-drinking "white frat boys" staying in a few rooms some doors down, hanging out in front of their rooms... seems like it might have a been a good stay for them? Definitely DO NOT recommend for female travelers (solo OR group).

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

My husband and I stayed here because it was cheap and a short cab ride (only $5) from downtown. It is exceptionally quiet! Even though the parking lot was packed, we did not hear noise from any other guests at the hotel. The hotel room is very clean and comfortable. The "rainfall" shower head provided a very relaxing shower.

My only complaint was the lack of data ports in the rooms. On the website and in the lobby, it is advertised that there are data ports in every room. This was not the case in our room. I don't know if they exist in other rooms, so if this is an important feature to you, you might want to ask when making the reservation.

Overall, I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — quiet and clean
  • Disliked — no interior corridors
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

we wanted cheap and basic accomodation in memphis for 2 days whilst we saw the tourist traps. this motel suited us fine. it was about a half mile walk to sun studio which in turn runs a shuttle bus to graceland and the rock and soul museum.

the room was clean with a huge bed and the bathroom was clean also.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2002

I reserved a room for 2 nights. When I first checked in the electronic key to my room did not work. I had to go back to the front desk for it to be reset. The lamp on the bedside table with the phone and phonebooks did not work. Each light had to be turned on individually because the light switch at the door did not work. The bed was made up only with a blanket and sheet. Later on the maid came in and told me that she told the front desk the room was not ready (I checked in at 4:30PM on a Friday) and she put a quilt on the bed leaving the top part down exposing the pillows. The furniture had stains on them. The bathroom doorknob was loose and shaking. The next day at 10:33am the maid knocked on the door and I told her to come back later that we were out late. She never came back and told the front desk that I said I did not want my room cleaned. I had to go to the front desk to get me clean towels and soap. The last straw was later that night when I returned to the room with a bottle of wine and went to the ice machine so I can obtain ice to chill the wine. When I pushed the button there was no ice and my only resource was to scoop up ice that had fallen into the tray. Finally when I checked out the following morning I was given a triple A room rate. This I guess was for my pain and suffering.

Been to Motel 6 Memphis Downtown? Share your experiences!