“Better to sleep in your car” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Real Value Inn

You added Real Value Inn to your Saves list
Real Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3896 Lamar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38118 (Formerly Days Inn) (Quince - Oakhaven-Parkway PD)   |
Ranked #110 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Nomad
“Better to sleep in your car”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading all the reviews, pretty much knowing that the place would be disgusting. The only reason I booked it anyway is because I needed somewhere to stay for 6 hours before my flight left at 6 AM and didn't want to pay $70+ at other hotels for such a short stay.

It is an old hotel so I expected the furniture to be in less than great condition (which it was) but I did not expect it to be quite as dirty and full of bugs. There were bugs in the tub, on the bathroom floor, and even in the hairdryer which was not a pleasant surprise! Most of them were dead and had been for a while and there was also food from past guests left in the fridge so obviously the housekeeping did a s#!tty job of cleaning. Luckily the bedding appeared clean enough.

The only thing that I was pleased about was the front desk staff. They were very friendly and helpful. After I had checked out at 4:30 AM and was waiting in the lobby for a taxi to the airport, a guest tried to bring a hooker into the hotel with him and front desk refused to let her in which was pretty funny to watch.

I would not advise booking this hotel for any reason, ever. It is still a $15 taxi ride to the hotel, so do yourself a favour and book a nicer room that has free or cheap airport shuttle. When my cab driver dropped me off at 10 PM his only warning was "don't come out of your room for anything". Like the title says, just sleep in your car or hang out at the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The people there whernt nice at all they kinda harrased us when we came back to the hotel after a afternoon out will not go back to that hotel even if I have no where to stay worst money I have ever spent and the room was dirty

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Well the personnel was very friendly. I must say. First of all the location is in a bad area where prostitution exists. The odor is terrible, the carpet smells, and the air conditioners didn't even work!!!!!! It was 100• degrees that day. They messed up my reservation and they booked me again with a person occupied that room. They finally gave me a key, but as I entered the room the room was hot extremely, the bathroom room was nasty. The crime is at all time high. Memphis police stayed up there all the time, I felt like I was in "The First 48". Avoid this hotel. No matter how cheap it is, you get cheap service!

• Stayed June 2013
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Worst place I've ever been to!! From cockroches, disgusting floors, blood stained bedsheets, hookers and pimps in the lobbey... to bedbuggs.. Front desk personal was helpfull but did not warn us about the hell-hole they were sending us up to! This place really needs to be shut down ..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

First I would like to say that the hotel staff were very friendly. However, this place is a " hot ghetto azz mess" of a hotel. The city of Memphis really need to demolish this raggedy hotel due to the poor living conditions and the bad environment. When you enter into the rooms it is a horrible funky smoke and mildew smell, roaches crawling from the furniture and the linen was unclean and cheap looking. I went to the store to purchase sheets because I was uncomfortable with sleeping on them. Unfortunately when I returned home, I had to go to my doctor to be treated with medication due to me developing some insect rash on my arms from the roaches and insects crawling on me while I was sleep unbeknownst to me. The hotel staff had to relocate me to another room within the hotel due to the curtains and debris falling from the ceiling WOW. Then here is the "kicker", I had to leave my ID card with the receptionist to use the iron, WTF, OMG! I have never heard anything like that before. The receptionist conveyed that they were required to ask tenants for their ID due to problems they had experienced in the past with tenants not returning the iron, " what a shame". It also was an unsafe environment due to " thug looking" people hanging outside, playing loud music, and looking at you strangely. This one guy inquired if I knew anybody who had some weed, SMH! Huh?, I stated that I was not from the state of TN. If I was not in Memphis touring the city, I ensured that I remained in my room at all times with the doors locked and my cell phone in close proximity just in case if I had to call the police. It is a cheap spot, but cheap is not always in one's best interest. The next time I travel out-of-state and reside in a hotel, I will ensure that I research the hotel reviews because the website photos will fool ya!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start I check in on March 1 our rooms was change 3 times finally we settle in to this one room this room had roaches the micowave was so nasty there were pee stains on the toilet seat, the shower curtain was nasty,carpet needed a good swept. I got some chips,drink,and candy out the vending machine which does not give any change back. The Aji bar and grill downstairs food is so bad tasting the night manger in the restaurant is very rude. There are hookers here i seen a man in his army uniform on his way to a room with one. The housekeepers look like they dnt even keep theirselves clean one walks around working with her child behind her. There is no free wifi and the hallways smell like weed. This place turns into a real freak show at night with crazy looking truck drivers, thugs,hookers and oh yeah the roaches. Make a very long story short find another hotel please!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

It is 2:50 a. m. and I am wide awake praying these roaches don't fall in the bed with me. The hotel also STINKS! I am visiting a friend and hall ways stay noisy. I am truly scared to fall asleep!! Guess I could count roaches. So if you love roaches you would love it here. The bed linens are troubled as well. This place need to be SHUT DOWN!!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Real Value Inn? Share your experiences!