“above average service, below average rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Memphis

You added Hotel Memphis to your Saves list
Hotel Memphis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2625 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38118 (Formerly Memphis Marriott)   |
Ranked #57 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
boston
“above average service, below average rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel lobby is a beautifully furnished, open area with a restaurant attached. However, beyond the lobby was disappointing. The rooms was small and the bathroom was pretty gross. But overall, it was a fine experience because the staff was great and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay here this weekend where our friends spent thousands of dollar for their father's 75th birthday party, while the party's food was rated ok, I would never rate it as excellent and the venue room was extremely cool for a November event. yet the atmosphere and staff were very attentive to us. My compliant is... we were awaking by housekeeping at 8:30 am. My husband and I were very upset because we have traveled from Atlanta. The check in time is 3 p.m and check out is 12 noon, we all know you don't get 24 hours more like 19 hours, but to be awaken by housekeeping 4 hour prior to check out is absolutely insane. We spoke to the local manager and all he offered was an apolgy and said this was standard.[LOL] Corporate was not much better. After much conversation we were offered either $10 off our $100 a night room which did not even pay for the hotel tax of $15. or free breakfast. Not both,either or what a slap in the face Marriott's.
They made a lot of money off the people who travel there for our event and service should have been much better than that we experienced ......never again. Try the Hilton

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed there for five days, and enjoyed it totally. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. Everyone greeted you with a smile and a good morning or evening. Rooms were very clean. Grounds were secure and fenced in. Only fault was the televisions. They were old analog types. Had to use my lap top and log on to WiFi and watch movies.

Saint Peters
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for soccer tournament in Memphis. Hotel is located in very close proximity to I-240, which is convenient. Rooms are very nice and bedding is comfortable. The only amenity that they did not have were flat screen TV's in the rooms. Still old tube TV's. The bedding was very comfortable. The staff, in particular front desk and restaurant, were very friendly and super helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PHL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We weren't sure how this hotel experience was going to be based on reviews. Well let me tell you, it was a great experience. Pool and jacuzzi were relaxing after our flight. The room was ready as promised for early check in and was clean. The staff was welcoming especially Kenneth who gave us great recommendations. Location was cool for us, we had a rental. The bed was ultra comfy especially after long days and nights of fun. We travel quite a bit and will definitely stay here again.

philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ok, so i came to trip advisor about 100 times before deciding to go with the Memphis Marriott. I read a lot of comments about the neighborhood and the big black fence surrounding the property. Here are my thoughts. Awesome, I had a wonderful time while visiting Memphis, the property is about a 15 min drive from the Airport. I decided to get a rental car because I would be visiting Beale street several times. I arrived Thursday morning. Called the front desk to request a early check in and the front desk clerk was more than happy to accommodate my request. Me and my wife go to our room and it was phenomenal, definitely 3.5-4.0 star. For $99 a night it felt like a steal. We immediately hit the swimming pool, about 5 min into that we hit the hot tub, unless you are Will Smith and stay at 5+ star hotels daily this is a great place to stay. The parking lot is secure with a big fence surrounding the property, almost like a estate. Excellent. I came back one night after 3 a.m. and the fence was locked and required me to enter my room key to gain access.No threat of my car being broken into per some other reviews of other hotels. There was a IHOP about a block away and also a TAco bell and Lennys sub shop. Traveling to Beale street will require you to rent a car. which i did. It is litterally a 15 min drive and there are multiple parking garages in the area. They have a cpu in the lobby to print your boarding passes for return flight. Absolutely no complaints, Great stay,Great room. Thanks Marriott

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Overall it is a typical full service Marriott. My big issue with this hotel is that they only have those small wall mounted hairdryers that you NEVER expect in a higher-end hotel. I would expect this at a Fairfield but not a full service Marriott. I have long hair and those little dryers are a joke. I called housekeeping and was told that they don't have anything else to offer. I had to go out and buy a $20 a hairdryer at the drug store that I will never use again. So, if you stay here and have long hair, BRING YOUR OWN HAIRDRYER!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Memphis? Share your experiences!