“This hotel does not function as a full service hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Memphis Marriott East

You added Memphis Marriott East to your Saves list
Memphis Marriott East
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5795 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Memphis-East Poplar & I-240)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“This hotel does not function as a full service hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Even though this is a marriott hotel know it doesn't function as a full service hotel. Lounge hours vary depending if you go by the staff at the front desk, the guide in your room or if you go by the sign outside the door. All different times. Bellman is not available to help with luggage and stand was empty all but one time we came and went over the course of 3 days. Restaurant is understaffed and for breakfast they have an omlet station but no one was making omlets. Pool was very nice and the kids enjoyed it. I would not stay here again, I'd rather go to a full service hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Greg L, General Manager at Memphis Marriott East, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello Allen0116,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. Although we are certainly the newest Marriott Full Service hotel in Memphis, it seems we failed to deliver a full service experience.

If you would be kind enough to contact me off line I would be very interested in the opportunity to regain your trust.

Please feel free to contact me directly or let me know the best time for me to contact you personally.

Respectfully,

www.marriott.com/memmm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great hotel located near mid-town. Can tell it is new. The bar inside is nice. We really enjoyed talking with the bartender. Not super close to Beale St. about a 20 minute drive. Hotel shuttle will not take you there for free. The hotel does have a shuttle that will take you within a 5 mile radius which is nice!

Did not check out the pool or anything.

Rooms were nice and big and cozy. Only thing missing was the mini fridge. Great service though. They have a breakfast but its expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Christina_Lynn_B,

Thank you so much for choosing my Marriott here in East Memphis during last weeks stay. This is a great location so close to everything and as they say here in The Bluff City, "you can get anywhere in Memphis in about 20 minutes!"

I appreciate the feedback and review of the hotel. We are currently getting bids to buy additional mini-fridges for our location. We expect to have an additional supply for requests on a first come basis before the end of the year.

On a side note I moved to this location about 12 weeks ago from Orlando and I was a long time resident in Dr. Phillips.

Please come again when your travels bring you back to Memphis!

Safe Travels,

greg.lindner@marriott.com
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The full-service Marriott on Poplar surpasses the vast majority of Memphis hotels. New and modern upgrades throughout, combined with courtesy and professionalism, create a lovely sanctuary for business and "just visiting" travelers alike. Our room was quiet, exceptionally clean, and well appointed with quality furnishings and linens, comfortable bed with individual reading lights, extra-large flat-screen, ipod radio, and coffee/tea maker in-room (not wedged onto the bath sink).

The bath featured a glass-doored shower (no tub) with good pressure, oversized granite vanity, eco toilet, B&BW toiletries, and an interesting, sliding, soft-close bath/closet door. Internet speed was fast for Skyping and surfing. Workout area was nice and the bar area right off the lobby was beautiful, a good spot to meet before heading out. Check in/out was fast and the bellman was friendly and speedy.

My only wishes would be for free internet for all guests; inclusion of a little fridge (and maybe microwave) in all rooms (I do believe, though, a fridge can be requested as there is ample space for one in the tv armoire); and more responsive a/c (on the plus side, the air did not blow on the bed). Room views are rather lackluster, but those facing east are better overall (west rooms face sunset - but also overlook a roof and electrical tower).

The location is in a safe section of east Memphis, with good proximity to downtown, the airport, and Germantown. Nearby is a shopping area with a variety of shops, including Target and Best Buy. Many restaurants are just a short drive - Ruth's Chris, Starbucks, Panera, PF Chang's, Corky's, Gus's Fried Chicken, Olive Garden, on and on. The hotel entrance is manuevered best while driving west-bound, but only a bit awkward east-bound (rather like a sanctioned u-turn). Easy access to I-240.

Very fine stay, and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greg L, General Manager at Memphis Marriott East, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Good Morning goseedo,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of my Marriott here in East Memphis. We are very fortunate to have a completely renovated hotel that just opened last November.

Although we likely will not have a mini-fridge in every room, we will be purchasing additional units later this year for request on a first come basis. The WIFI is free in the Greatroom/lobby areas however in all guest rooms and function rooms there is a charge at all Marriott Full Service hotels.

Lastly our location is great and being so close to major interstate routes, local restaurants, shopping and a short distance from the airport enables excellent stays.

Please come again on your next trip to Memphis and I am happy to provide any help necessary.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here the first week in June. The hotel has been remodeled and is clean as well as updated. Convenient to everything on the East side. Plenty of restaurant options nearby. Nice bar area to meet your friends in the lobby before heading out to dinner. It took us about 15 minutes with no traffic to get downtown for dinner one night. Probably the best option for accomadations if your going to be in this area. 10 minutes to airport.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Cabaz4,

Thank you very much for reviewing my Marriott here in East Memphis. We are very fortunate to have a great location and a brand new facility that our owners made possible.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our "Greatroom" experience featuring a very modern new bar. Please try "Table a delta grille," our fantastic in house restaurant on your next visit. As you stated there are fantastic restaurants in the area and soon that will include a new Capital Grille and Seasons 52 within a half mile of the hotel.

Lastly having just moved here in April I think one of the best things about Memphis is how you can get just about anywhere in 20 minutes.

Once again thank you for choosing Marriott!

Respectfully,

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a die hard Marriott person, I usually have a hard time finding a hotel when I'm in this area of Memphis, but this hotel opened around Thanksgiving in 2012 and thank God! Don't confuse it with the Marriott on Thousand Oaks which, in my opinion, is not that great.

From my check-in to my check out I had a great stay. The rooms are very nice and the bed, the bed, was great and so comfortable that I was asleep as soon as I turned off the light. I ordered room service one night and the food was very good excellent. The hotel also has a very good exercise room.

The hotel is in a great location on Poplar right off I-240 near restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
courtney_ingersoll, Director of Sales at Memphis Marriott East, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It is wonderful to hear how happy you are and thank you for being such a loyal Marriott guest. Thank you for your glowing review!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent the night here on the way to pick up puppies from a breeder in Alabama (this hotel does not accept pets). Everything about the hotel was Marriott quality. The room was very nice. We had no noise issues. Everything was clean and in it's place. We felt the restaurant prices were a little on the high side but there were several affordable choices just a short drive away. The only issue we had was it's location. The area is very busy and the way the streets are designed it made getting off the highway and into this hotel a little tricky.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
courtney_ingersoll, Director of Sales at Memphis Marriott East, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you were able to have a quiet night stay during your trip and I hope the puppies enjoy their new home! We are located in the heart of East Memphis, at I-240 and Poplar, which is convenient to everything in the city. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future. Safe Travels.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I utilize this hotel as my second home while working in Memphis. This recently renovated property feels new, and has all the amenities one would come to expect from a full-service Marriott property. The staff is friendly, helpful, and service-oriented. I would also add that the food quality and restaurant / bar service has been very good, especially in light of the many excellent restaurants in the area.

Rest assured, this property is clean, comfortable, welcoming, and well worth it. I hope as I do you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. One note if you use a computer: Marriott charges for Internet access, unle...