“Renovation makes Sheraton look fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Formerly Memphis Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Renovation makes Sheraton look fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was the third year that we have stayed at this hotel for the L2L Convention over Easter weekend. The first year the hotel was a Marriott property and it's condition was a little dated. Last year Sheraton had taken over the hotel. Service was much better and they had started a renovation. This year the lobby was much more impressive and our room was fully renovated. The hotel is back to Sheraton quality.

I want to mention the excellent service that I received from Vonne Gaddy. She was very helpful in arranging the rooms for our church.

Room Tip: For a good view of the Mississippi River ask for a room facing west.
Green Features: The hotel had a recycling basket in our room which was convenient.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This morning my family and I ate breakfast at Crossroads (the restraunt in the hotel) and we're all thoroughly impressed by not only the food, but the service. They have a great breakfast spread complete with fresh fruit (that's my favorite) and hot breakfast (I'd like to note that we went to eat at about 10 and the food was still warm). Also, shoutout to our server (Ms. Evette) for being so sweet and attentive!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the Sheraton's restaurant, Crossroads. Our server, Jatorra Mack was excellent! She was very attentive and personable. The buffet is not complementary but it is definently worth your money! I would rate my experience here a 10, easily!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Currently staying at the downtown sheraton. We paid in advance for our room. $800+ already paid in room fees. We checked in and there was no mention of any deposit or fees. The Front Desk Swiped My Card That I Used To Reserve The Room with no mention of what my card was being swiped for. I look at my bank balance and there is a hold of over $1k. So now I have laid almost $2k for three nights at a mediocre hotel. My key won't even work for the club level u paid for. Unreal. We will never be back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Speedy check-in late evening. Met by rowdy group in foyer but luckily they were going out (aided by a friendly word from door staff) No other sign of any noisy residents thereafter.
Comfortable room on 14th floor, well appointed but strangely only one bath robe provided (what a fight to see who got wearing it each morning!! :-)
We tried to be "green" and not ask for towel/bedding change each day but it was changed anyway!
we asked for Breakfast (black) tea instead of "Fruit Tea" but room service ignored our written request too!
Returning to the hotel one evening we tried for Coffees/Teas at the bar area adjacent to the Dining Area, Complete lack of choice - no Latte, no flat white - only bog standard black coffee (I was directed to cold milk at the end of the bar). No Black Tea available too, only Earl Gray or Fruit Teas! (Do Sheraton get a bulk buy discount for fruit teas!) To cap it all the hot drinks were served out of paper Starbucks cups, Really!
Very poor from a hotel of this standard. Do Sheraton not do real cups?
Free Wifi ok when it worked, but we had to sign in again every time we left the internet, often taking 2 or 3 attempts to do so. Annoying.
Now the good bits, Front desk speedily arranged our Graceland trip with BestMemphis Tours.
Buffet Breakfast (which was not included in our room rate was excellent with tea served in real cups!
The hotel is in a quiet area some 15-20 minute stroll to the central downtown area/Beale Street, however the electric Trolley Bus (replacement for the late lamented Trolley Car) stops just outside the hotel and goes all the way towards Beale Street and ultimately the wonderful Civil Rights Museum.
All in all a good hotel which could/should be better with just a little tweaking.

Room Tip: Our room was looking over a busy road (Interstate?) Great if you are an insomniac and like counting...
Green Features: Seem to have good ideals but not carried through completely.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Eric Morrison,

I have learned from reading your review that we need to improve upon our Food & Beverage offerings. I just checked with our Chef and we do offer black tea, so shame on the waitstaff for not following up themselves to find the black tea. I will be addressing this with the team. That's very frustrating and I do sincerely appologize to you for not providing what you had requested. Also, I am retraining our Housekeeping team on the "green" initiatives. Most of them follow the standard, but you always have a few that try to go above and beyond because they think the guest will appreciate it. This is why we love to get feedback from our guests. It helps us identify areas that need attention. Thanks so much for your review! I hope you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Memphis.
Warm Regards,
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed there twice during the past two weeks. The first stay was in the North Tower. It's older and dated ("The 80's called. . . "). The rooms are smaller and I had a "magnificent" view of the wall of the convention center. But the location was perfect for the meetings I attended at the convention center. But, it was within walking distance of Main Street and (if you like to walk) Bealle Street.

They were slow getting me checked in - both times. I had to wait over a half hour the first time before they called to let me know the room was ready. They never called the second time. After two hours someone noticed me still hanging out in the lobby. They said that they gave me a $50 credit on my room but when I checked out, it wasn't there. The restaurant was more lunch type food than fine dining. The service at the bar was equally slow.

Room Tip: Get a high room in the South Tower - facing south. The rooms are bigger and you can see the river a...
Green Features: Like most hotels, they practice "hang it up" for the towels and, for short stays, will only change the sheets if you ask.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Gene B.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delays you experienced in checking into your room. I'm not sure if you tried to check-in early on those days but many times our guests expect an early check-in and we run such high occupancy that it's difficult to provide early check-in on big convention days. If we promised you a credit on your folio and you did not receive it, please contact me either by phone at 901-214-3717 or email me at dputnam@sheratonmemphisdowntown.com I will look into this and get that corrected for you immediately. Thank you so much for your feedback as it helps us identify areas that need improvement. I look forward to hearing from you.
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is very large with a big lobby and many events going on. I arrived in the evening and was helped with a very customer service oriented gentleman who took care of all my needs. He gave me club access because I have gold SPG status and changed me to another room when I could not operate the lock of the first room I was given. When I went back down to ask for help with the lock I was told to wait for the maintenance man. I expected the worst, but the maintenance man was there in literally one minute. I was impressed. Looks like this property is undergoing renovation little by little. Some areas very nice and renovated and some were a little dated. I was happy with my room. It was a standard Sheraton style large room with nice furniture and comfortable beds. The location of this property is not very close to Beale Street and other Memphis Sights. However, it is in down town and you can walk everywhere or take the trolley. I have stayed at a few of the down town Memphis hotels and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Give Me Sunshine....
I love your handle....I lived in CA for 8 years before relocating to Memphis and loved every minute of it...especially the sunshine. Thank you so much for writing such a nice review and recognizing our team members! It is so much appreciated. I have already sent this review over to our Front Office Manager and Chief Engineer to share with their teams. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back again in the future! And hopefully we'll have lots of sunshine when you return.
Cheers,
Dan

Been to Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!