“Not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Formerly Memphis Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We visited here during the holiday season in 2014. We paid about $115 per night, and the room and service was just okay. Valet parking is required, and is an exorbitant $22 per day, and tipping is obligatory. The whole place is rather old, and the whole decor is quite dated with a few renovated parts. The carpet in the elevator had at one point a strange white crusty substance on it; no idea what it was, but the carpet throughout the hotel was not very clean. The major issues with the room was the lack of headroom in the shower (anyone more than 6 foot tall would easily bump their head) and the awkward placement of the toilet paper roll beside the toilet facing the front; impossible to reach while sitting on the toilet. Also there was no fridge; an amenity that is offered in even the cheapest hotels.
On the third floor, there is an apparently free laundry area, which would be good for those having a longer stay, a gym quite large by hotel standards, and a pool which had "murky" water; it didn't appear that clean. Hotel breakfast is not included, and is very expensive: $14 a head for buffet breakfast, and no waffles or pancakes at the buffet like at many cheaper hotels.
Otherwise, the staff are quite helpful and cheerful, were knowledgeable about the surrounding area, and more than willing to help us during our stay. The only small issue I had with the service was a situation where I saw a woman exiting the hotel, her hands full of luggage and clothing. A staff member simply stood there as she tried to open the door, rather than at least giving some effort to open the door for her. Since it was raining, we asked for an umbrella to borrow at bell services, which the front desk told us to do. The umbrella was free, but part of it was broken. Overall, I had a nice and comfortable stay here, but a few things would have made it even more enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times with work and have always been treated with warm hospitality. On this occasion I used the gym facilities and was blown away by how great it is, especially for a hotel gym.
The staff are all very nice and seem genuinely happy to be at the hotel.
I love the crisp white sheets and rest better knowing that the bed is clean and won't bring home bed bugs.

I tip my hat off to this hotel. I also say thank you.

• Stayed December 2014
Mountain View, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed at the Memphis Sheraton for the L2L Convention on Easter weekend. The service was very good for such a busy time. The conference rooms were set up very well for our needs. I would rate the customer service as superior.

Our room was standard. The suite with a living room and dining area was spacious and sufficient for the group we were with. The hotel is attached by a walkway to the convention center. I would rate the Sheraton as a good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Razor Fish,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the top notch service at our hotel. We work hard at creating memorable experiences for our guests and it is always refreshing to hear such wonderful feedback from our guests. A lot has changed since you've been here in April. We just completed a major renovation and the hotel looks fantastic. I hope you will be able to come back and experience the new Sheraton Memphis! Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Washington MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here on Dec. 5 & 6th The hotel is very nice, not too far from Beale street, an easy walk even when it's cold outside. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The female who checked us in could have been a little more cheerful, otherwise the rest of the staff we encountered were wonderful. The rooms were very clean and it was a very quiet hotel. We needed the small refrigerator in our room fixed, maintenance came immediately to our room and fixed it right away. That was the only issue we had with our room.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Kevin,

It is so nice to know that our Engineering Department responded to your maintenance issue in a timely manner. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to every guest and sometimes we fall short. I'm sorry the refrigerator broke down in your room but very happy that we took care of it in a timely manner. Thank you so much for the review and for staying with us! I hope you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Memphis.
Happy Holidays,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I travel often and my experience here was by far the best I've ever had. It exceeded my expectations. OUTSTANDING customer service by each & every staff member. Every single employee always greeted each guest with a friendly smile. ALL staff went the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction. I can't say enough about the amazing, friendly, helpful, professional staff. Also very clean.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Doracel,

You are a breath of fresh air! Thanks for calling me as well to express your satisfaction with the hotel and staff. We are so grateful to have a team that wants to do their best on a daily basis. It's all about the culture and we work hard daily to provide the best for our guests and our employees. We can't wait for you to return next year and do the St Judes Marathon all over again! It's all for the kids! Happy Holidays to you!
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been frequenting Memphis Downtown Hotels lately for a weekend getaway. This past weekend I choose to stay at Sheraton. From the time I pulled up until I left from my stay, the customer service was above no other.

Great bedroom and view of downtown Memphis. Every time I came in contact with a worker they greeted me, very polite, and welcoming.

For the price, I would truly recommend this hotel.

Green Features: I was surprised to see a recycle trash can in the room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicci 0595,
Now this is the kind of review I like to read! We spend so much time training and developing our team to be customer service focused and it always is refreshing to hear our guests brag about the wonderful service they experienced. Thanks so much for this review, it is truly appreciated. Come back soon!

Best,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Sheratons rarely leave an impression, to put it mildly. I have the interesting view of having seen his property both before and after renovations this year, and the gut job is worth a review. I had no idea this went on, and booked because of he great beds they have.

The renovated lobby feels great, more like a Westin than a Sheraton. The rooms however, are where this place now shines. Everything you touch is brand new and stylishly done. The colors, textures and proportions are just right, and the beds are still fabulous. These might be some of the best rooms in Memphis now.

All I can say is a job well done!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Ittessot,

WOW...I really appreciate you taking the time to post this review...and I love the pictures you took as well! I'm so glad to read that you like the new rooms! I will agree with you....I truly believe we have the best rooms in Memphis! Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again soon.
Dan

Been to Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!