“Superior customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Formerly Memphis Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Superior customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Memphis Sheraton for the L2L Convention on Easter weekend. The service was very good for such a busy time. The conference rooms were set up very well for our needs. I would rate the customer service as superior.

Our room was standard. The suite with a living room and dining area was spacious and sufficient for the group we were with. The hotel is attached by a walkway to the convention center. I would rate the Sheraton as a good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Washington MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here on Dec. 5 & 6th The hotel is very nice, not too far from Beale street, an easy walk even when it's cold outside. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The female who checked us in could have been a little more cheerful, otherwise the rest of the staff we encountered were wonderful. The rooms were very clean and it was a very quiet hotel. We needed the small refrigerator in our room fixed, maintenance came immediately to our room and fixed it right away. That was the only issue we had with our room.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Kevin,

It is so nice to know that our Engineering Department responded to your maintenance issue in a timely manner. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to every guest and sometimes we fall short. I'm sorry the refrigerator broke down in your room but very happy that we took care of it in a timely manner. Thank you so much for the review and for staying with us! I hope you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Memphis.
Happy Holidays,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I travel often and my experience here was by far the best I've ever had. It exceeded my expectations. OUTSTANDING customer service by each & every staff member. Every single employee always greeted each guest with a friendly smile. ALL staff went the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction. I can't say enough about the amazing, friendly, helpful, professional staff. Also very clean.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Doracel,

You are a breath of fresh air! Thanks for calling me as well to express your satisfaction with the hotel and staff. We are so grateful to have a team that wants to do their best on a daily basis. It's all about the culture and we work hard daily to provide the best for our guests and our employees. We can't wait for you to return next year and do the St Judes Marathon all over again! It's all for the kids! Happy Holidays to you!
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been frequenting Memphis Downtown Hotels lately for a weekend getaway. This past weekend I choose to stay at Sheraton. From the time I pulled up until I left from my stay, the customer service was above no other.

Great bedroom and view of downtown Memphis. Every time I came in contact with a worker they greeted me, very polite, and welcoming.

For the price, I would truly recommend this hotel.

Green Features: I was surprised to see a recycle trash can in the room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicci 0595,
Now this is the kind of review I like to read! We spend so much time training and developing our team to be customer service focused and it always is refreshing to hear our guests brag about the wonderful service they experienced. Thanks so much for this review, it is truly appreciated. Come back soon!

Best,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Sheratons rarely leave an impression, to put it mildly. I have the interesting view of having seen his property both before and after renovations this year, and the gut job is worth a review. I had no idea this went on, and booked because of he great beds they have.

The renovated lobby feels great, more like a Westin than a Sheraton. The rooms however, are where this place now shines. Everything you touch is brand new and stylishly done. The colors, textures and proportions are just right, and the beds are still fabulous. These might be some of the best rooms in Memphis now.

All I can say is a job well done!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Ittessot,

WOW...I really appreciate you taking the time to post this review...and I love the pictures you took as well! I'm so glad to read that you like the new rooms! I will agree with you....I truly believe we have the best rooms in Memphis! Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again soon.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has a modern feel with glass elevators in the lobby.It is a very clean facility and was not crowded when I stayed there. Nice restaurant in the lobby for Sunday brunch.Rooms were nicely furnished-bed very comfortable. Ask for a high room with a view of the trolleys on Main Street and the Mississippi River. There are Memphis city tours and of course Graceland tours that will pick you up in front of the hotel. The location is not ideal- you have to walk about 8 blocks to Beale Street and there are not many restaurants/shopping located nearby. Not wise to do the walk to Beale by yourself particularly at night. You can hop the trolley across the street as an option. There is a well equipped exercise room with a clean pool with city views through the spacious windows. Staff were helpful but not overly friendly.Prices were fair.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room with a view of main street and the Mississippi
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Limemaid......

Thank you so much for your review! I think you said it well as far as the loca attractions etc. I appreciate you staying with us and hope you get to come back soon!
Saline, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had an opportunity to visit memphis last minute and booked the Sheraton. Very friendly people. Actually the whole darned town was eerily friendly. Great service starting with the valet through checking out. Room was clean and roomy. Workout facilities fabulous. Location perfect. 10 minute walk down to Beale street. Can't find any issues with the stay at all.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Buttstone,
I must admit as well....there is a true Southern Hospitalty thing going on here in the South. I have lived here about 18 months now and I know that it is genuine. That's the best part about living here. I appreciate your kind words and am thrilled that you had a "perfect" stay with us. It is always refreshing to know that we delivered a great experience to our guests. We look forward to having you back again in the future.
Happy Holidays,
Dan

Been to Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!