Hotel is niece property, too bad one cannot say the same for the service and employees.
The management is even worse. It begins with check in and continues throughout the
stay. One can tell that employees are not happy working their jobs. It may be the current management instead of the job that is the problem. The property is in good condition and
the room was clean. This is a convention hotel and also some sort of tour groups stay here. There are large groups checking in and out daily. I was told that only valet parking
was available when I arrived. There was no self parking space available. So it cost
$25. to $26 per night to park my vehicle. Check in was a mess. Do not expect to check
in and go to the bar to relax and have a drink. The service is terrible, the bar management
is rude. The people here make up different stories of why the service is poor. Management makes up other stories that are not true. It is obvious that the help would
rather be elsewhere and are determined not to serve anyone. A contest of who can
be the ruder. Management makes up the biggest crappy story of anyone and he expects
you to believe it. At any rate if you want to pick a hotel where one can relax and enjoy
Memphis, this is not the place for you. Unless you enjoy a bunch of problems and
dealing with surly employees and management, do not stay here. There are many
more hotels, a Crown Plaza across the street and many more hotels closer to the
downtown activities. I stayed 2 days and the service only got worse.
- Also Known As:
- Memphis Marriott Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Memphis
- Memphis Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy outstanding service in the warm, welcoming atmosphere of the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel. Attached to the Memphis Cook Convention Center and located on the vintage Memphis Main Street Trolley line, we provide easy access to some of downtown’s most notable attractions. Our downtown Memphis hotel is within walking distance of numerous government and corporate offices, as well as the Riverwalk, which offers breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. Nearby are museums, sports venues, Graceland, and Beale Street, the heart of the city’s music and entertainment district.Relax in any of our 600 stylish guest rooms and suites, featuring magnificent city views. Get a great night’s sleep in a plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. Upgrade to a Club Room to get Sheraton Club Lounge access, which includes complimentary breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres.Stay in touch with the office in our business center. Or take some time for yourself with a swim in our heated indoor pool or a workout in our Sheraton Fitness center.With more than 12,000 square feet of versatile function space, the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel is perfect for productive business meetings as well as elegant wedding receptions. The hotel is also connected to the Memphis Cook Convention Center, which offers more than 350,000 square feet of venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.