“Suitable for business trip ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Formerly Memphis Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Toms River, New Jersey
“Suitable for business trip ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel was fine for traveling for business. Did not try the dining options. Parking was valet only which is not the best. The gym was ok, decent equipment. I might not stay here in the future for business because this location was too far from clients. Otherwise it's fine.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We certainly appreciate our business travellers! Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! If you are able to stay with us in the future, I recommend you try our menu. We have a top notch Chef who prides himself with every dish he serves from the kitchen. Our goal is to provide southern hospitality, great food, and comfortable accommodations for every guest!
Cheers,
Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this property for several years. It has a good location and on the trolley stop so I you can get just about anywhere in the city for just a dollar. The hotel has a little bar which when crowded has poor service due to staffing number. I have noticed it is becoming a little tired and needs some updating. My room on the most recent stay had an outlet cover missing due to trying to have a multi outlet plug to fit, but didn't. The tv stand had chips along the bottom and tub floor was no longer white but gray due to lots of use. I was surprised no name bath products like so many other chains have. The staff was nice, but a little robotic when I checked in however checkout was much better. I'd stay again due mostly because of the location, but they may need to rethink the rates.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cindylouwho4UK - sounds like you are a regular guest to our hotel. Thank you for your loyalty! As you know we have transistioned from a Marriott to the Sheraton in Aug 2013 and are making great strides everyday to provide the Starwood experience to our guests. We recently rennovated our Fitness Center and currently the pool is under a major face lift! In June 2014, we will start our full hotel rennovation and when it's completed in Sept 2014 - we will have the best product in the market! We are all very excited. In the meantime...next time you come to the hotel, if you have any issues at all please do not hesitate to call on us as we stand ready to assist in any way we can. Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! We appreciate you!!
Warm Regards,
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Somehow we got updraded here which was due to a very sharp recepitionsit who signed us up to the Frequent travellers club /thing and then upgraded us. Fantastic . Loved the hotel !
Right on the Tram line so for $1.00 you could grab a ride into down town Memphis.
Great Room ..super comfy beds.
Good bustly late night bar
The top floor exec club was superb .. snacks and drinks
and the upgrade made the stay ( Well done that very smart receptionist -- and thank you !!)

Room Tip: As high as you can get !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Strummer07 - welcome to the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program! I'm so happy to hear that you joined "the club" and that our front desk agent signed you up! There are so many nice perks on being an SPG member! I love the trolley system in downtown Memphis! You can't beat it....$1.00 each way! It's historic!! Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience here! I can't wait to share with the team.
Cheers,
San Ramon, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

As I said in the title, we had a good experience here. The hotel was nice, the rooms were modern, it was conveniently located on the trolley line, and the staff was very friendly. The only drawback was that our room (822, I think) was right next to an elevator bank. When we first arrived I'd hear a rumbling every few minutes, but I thought it was a plane flying overhead or someone pushing a maid's cart down the hallway. As the night went on it finally dawned on me early the next morning that the room was actually right next to the elevators. I know that's not really the hotel's fault, but I wish I'd figured that out sooner to ask for a room change. Other than that, everything was just fine.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevators, unless you have bad hearing. Then you'll be fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Costa Rica Outsider - you live in a great place....I hope to get there someday! Thanks for your review of the hotel. I think I'm going to have to stay in a room near our elevators and evaluate this situation---usually the elevators don't make much noise but again, there may have been something that needed to be adjusted to reduce the noise you experienced. We look forward to having you back at the property should your travels bring you to Memphis in the future!
Warm Regards,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is well suited to conferences. There is a walkway to the convention centre across the street and the trolley stops outside the hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is reasonably good. Staff are friendly and helpful. However be forewarned that downtown Memphis is almost deserted. There aren't many places to eat and no shops at all that I could see. Beale Street is about a half hour walk or a short trolley ride.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Mississippi.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Martha,
I LOVE Canada.....hope you are staying warm! Thank you for your kind words of the staff and hotel. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests as it not only motivates our team to always do their best, but it also provides information on areas in the hotel that we could improve on. Sounds like you got on the old trolley system here. I love it. Only a buck and it takes you every where downtown! One of the best things Memphis has to offer our visitors. Thanks for staying with us and when you return to Memphis....the Sheraton will be waiting for you! Cheers.
sparky_turtle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton for a conference. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The meeting rooms had great wifi connection and the staff were constantly refreshing the food and drink tables. It is what you would expect from a quality conference hotel. The location is on the north end of "downtown" Memphis. It is an easy walk to the Civil Rights Museum, Beale Street, and other attractions. You'd need a taxi for Stax Museum or Graceland.

One thing that I hadn't seen before was the ability/option to forgo room service in exchange for a $5 voucher for food at the hotel. The vouchers didn't appeal to me but not having room service did. I don't make a mess of the room so a few days without service is fine. It also meant that I didn't have to worry about disturbing housekeeping if I came back to my room in the middle of the day.

The pool was under construction so I didn't get a chance to try that. I did use the exercise room and it is the most impressive hotel gym I've ever seen. Real weights and nice new machines :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
WOW! I really enjoyed reading this review....and I can't wait to share it with our team! The $5.00 voucher program you experienced is Starwood's "Get Green" initiative. By foregoing housekeeping services it saves on water, electricity, and actually increases staff productivity. I'm glad you opted in for the program and took advantage of the benefits. You can also redeem the vouchers for 500 bonus points per day if you are a SPG member. We work very hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience at the hotel and I'm so glad to read that we delivered that to you. Have a great day....you sure made mine!!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Rooms are good sized. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is on the trolley line so you can access most of the sights by trolley. the best part was the wonderful breakfast they serve. There is an unbelievable amount of food and choices to make here including an omelet station!
The lobby is huge and ou can observe people or just sit there with a book.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
The Chef is never gonna let this one go.....he loves to get the compliments so I thank you for taking the time to praise his food and the wonderful experience you had with breakfast in our restaurant. Nothing better than a mouth watering omlet to get your day started with some Starbucks coffee to wash it down. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back very soon. Cheers!

Been to Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!