“Good location-High floors for better view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Formerly Memphis Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #49 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Grayslake, Illinois
“Good location-High floors for better view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed for convention in October 2013.
Very nice accommodations. Front desk staff is great, hotel is very clean.
Must use valet for parking, self park not allowed.
Request high floor with south view. Low floors on north side are obstructed by parking deck.

Room Tip: South view-high floor for better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you Jon for your feedback on the hotel. Our parking is outsourced with the best Valet Parking company in Memphis and I know they always do a great job in welcoming our guests to the hotel. We also have one of the highest hotels in Memphis with some great views of the Mississippi River, downtown Memphis and the Pyramid which will soon become Bass Pro Shop! We are exicted to add that addition to downtown. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you come back soon!

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had a great stay from start to finish. The staff were always friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and well maintained and had very comfortable beds along with all you have come to expect from modern accommodation with Starbucks coffee making machine in your room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
What more could you ask for than to be able to sleep on the only 5-Star Triple A rated bed in the hotel industry. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper is my favorite and our guests love it. I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Also.....the in-room Starbucks coffee is a BIG hit. We are so proud to deliver brand products to our guests! Thanks for taking the time to write this review and come back soon!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here recently while attending the Liberty Bowl. The hotel was recently acquired by Sheraton so is undergoing some renovations. We had a room on the 10th floor that had clearly been recently renovated. Beds were comfortable, room was very clean, a/c worked well, free wifi was nice and had a great connection/speed. I was happy to find additional electrical plugs in the lamp bases to charge all our various electronics rather than having to dig behind a dresser or something. The restaurant had a good breakfast buffet that was reasonably priced for hotel food. The staff was extremely nice and helpful and it is a very short trolley ride to Beale Street. There is not much immediately around the hotel to do wise, which is why I didn't give it 4 stars. If you are going to the convention center though, this is an excellent choice because its right across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
The Liberty Bowl was great for Memphis over the New Years Holidays as it brought alot of people to our city filling up hotels, restaurants....and even the Trolley had some good business. I hope it was your team that won - that always seems to make a trip more enjoyable! Thanks for the wonderful review and we look forward to having you back next year for the Liberty Bowl! Happy New Year!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

A little bit of a walk to Beale Street but it's still a great location. It was Memorial Day weekend when we visited so the walk in the evening was very nice. Room size was huge for our King Bed, and plenty of space in the bathroom as well. The breakfast was good as well. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review from Memorial Day. Just wanted to let you know that we are now a Sheraton Hotel which converted from a Marriott on August 12, 2013. We are excited to bring this big brand to downtown Memphis and hope that when you return to this area you will give us an opportunity to WOW you! Happy New Year.
Racine, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I traveled from WI to TX for a wedding. We planned to stay in Memphis for two nights on our return trip back to WI, the second night being NYE. We arrived at the hotel after a long 6 hour drive from east TX. Upon first entering the room, everything seemed great. I even commented on the fact that the room SMELLED clean. Bed looked nice, bathroom was clean, nice TV, nice view, etc. I decided to take my laptop out and get some work done. That's when I smelled something very sour. I kept looking around but couldn't quite pinpoint it. Less than a half hour later, I was tired so put the laptop down and pulled the covers up near my FACE and the smell got stronger. We finally discovered where the smell was coming from. Some sort of stain on the top of the down comforter which was wedged between a sheet and the duvet. Again, at the TOP near my FACE. We immediately called the front desk and they sent a very nice gentleman up to help move our things to a new room, and gave us a few breakfast cards, but the new room was not nearly as nice as our unfortunately smelly first room. Our new room is obviously older, the decor is dated, and the view is not nearly as nice. We feel that for what we're paying and the disgusting experience with the first room (Room 1516), we'd have been given a room at least of equal status. We've stayed at many different hotels, and we thought that the Sheraton would have been at least on par with bigger named chains. We stayed at a Best Western in Lindale, TX and it was SO much nicer, and half the price. We certainly hope the rest of our stay is better. A tip on parking, no need to pay $22 for valet. $5/day across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building in an upper floor. At the time of our stay, the pool was being...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
My sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience of having to move you to a new room. Unfortunately the housekeeper missed something in your room which caused a hassle for you! I'm so happy to read that our staff responded immediately to fix the issue for you! If you ever come back to Memphis please let me know so I can make sure you have a great room with a great view....we are renovating the entire hotel come June 2014 -----it's going to be fabulous! And by the way....I love Wisconsinites....grew up in Green Bay and I am a very loyal Cheesehead! Thanks for staying with us. Happy New Year!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently moved from nashville to las vegas and stayed in Sheratons all along the way and this was the second of 4 we stayed at. The location was nice, just a cute trolly ride away from beale street. But the service was mediocre and nothing to write home about. Having been a former employee of the sheraton music city in nashville (where we also stayed) I know what the expectation is as a starwood property and as a sheraton. This wasnt quite it. There was one gentleman in the lobby, a bellman, who was very nice. Overall good, not great. Would maybe stay somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
Hope you made it to Vegas safe and sound! Sorry we fell short on the service aspect of your stay. We do our best to deliver an exceptional experience for our guests and sometimes we fall short! I hope you give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to Memphis! Happy New Year.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family during a road trip. The bed was very comfy, location was great and room service was good. In addition to room service, we ordered food at the bar in the lobby which wasn't as good. The only flaw I found was the presence of a huge roach in the bathroom after we turned on the light in the bathroom. It was big and fast! After a while, we were able to kill it, but it kind of ruined the rest of our stay. I took pictures and informed the front desk when we checked out the next day. Fortunately we left a lot of the luggage in the car or I would have been terribly worried about a roach in our belongings.

Room Tip: We got a good price through Priceline. There are parking meters on the side of the hotel if you'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I'm so sorry to read that there was a roach in your room. We do our best to control all the little critters that live and breath in Memphis from entering our hotel, but it's not 100% bullet proof! Next time I would encourage you to call the front desk as we would be more than happy to take care of the situation and also move you to another room. Thanks for this feedback as it helps me identify areas in the hotel that need improvement. I hope you will come back and try us again should your travels bring you back to Memphis. Happy New Year.

Been to Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!