Stayed one night without any problems. Rooms typical of a Hampton Inn, what i expected for $99. Hotel was at capacity, no issues with the parking. As a former Memphis resident I can understand peoples comments about the area, but the area is actually improved since I lived there 8 years ago. Parking lot is well lit and fenced, but not gated. Access to hotel from rear requires room key. Arrived after 11 pm and felt safe. Outdoor pool was clean, breakfast had a good variety and was kept stocked. Would stay again if i needed to be in the midtown/UT area. Restaurant recommendation: Blue Fish on South Cooper@ Young, less than 10 minutes away, great seafood which is hard to find in memphis, $20 price range for entrees, highly recommeded. They provide parking 2 doors down on Cooper for $5 (parking can be difficult in Cooper-Young area), get your ticket validated by your server and the attendent will refund your $5 on the way out. Lots of fun little shops in the area also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Midtown Memphis, Tennessee Let us welcome you to Memphis and spoil you with our Southern hospitality while you are lodging at our Midtown Memphis, TN hotel that is located close to I-240 and is just minutes from downtown Memphis. The hotel property is adjacent to Methodist University Hospital and near nine other major medical centers. Leisure travelers will love our close proximity to downtown Memphis with Beale Street, the Peabody Ducks, Mud Island and Graceland just minutes away. Our Union Street access also means it's just a short drive to the FedEx Forum or AutoZone Park, which are the perfect locations for a family day trip. Business travelers will appreciate our midtown Memphis hotel's easy access to I-240, I-55 and I-40. Our hotel is just eight miles from Memphis International Airport, and the Amtrak Station is two miles away. Our premium business amenities include a Business Center and free Internet access. This newly renovated Memphis hotel offers you unparalleled hotel services. You'll enjoy our Southern charm as much as the free high-speed, wireless Internet access in our inviting rooms. With a fitness center and outdoor pool, you'll feel completely at home. We also offer a special rate for guests with a loved one at Methodist Hospital. Call our choice hotel in Memphis, Tennessee today, and take advantage of our great hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown Hotel Memphis
- Holiday Inn Express Memphis
- Holiday Inn Memphis
- Memphis Holiday Inn