“Excellent location so close to Graceland and Beale Street” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1780 Nonconnah Blvd, Memphis, TN 38132 (Quince - Oakhaven-Parkway PD)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #46 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent location so close to Graceland and Beale Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in July this year as I wanted to go to Graceland (I had previously been to Memphis but ran out of time to visit Graceland due to a rather large hangover from Beale Street the night before hahaha) I got a good deal on this Hotel from Hotwire (paid $75 per night from memory) which is good value considering that accommodation in Memphis (especially close to downtown) is not cheap. This Hotel is perfectly positioned, it is literally a five minute drive to both Graceland and Beale Street, which is a huge bonus. There is a restaurant in the Hotel but we ate across the road for Breakfast at Subway (another convenience if looking to keep down costs when travelling) The Hotel staff were friendly, the room was clean and tidy and modern (when I stayed here they were transforming the outdoor pool area/planting turf and gardens etc) and I don't have anything negative to say about this Hotel. I am at a loss as to how people have given this one and two stars they must be ridiculously hard to please because this Hotel does not correspond to that kind of Trip Advisor Rating. I would recommend this Hotel when looking for a place to stay in Memphis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went there with my son for Elvis week like thousands of others. I have stayed in a lot of local hotels there, but this was my favorite so far. Very clean and also very secure. Good location. About 2 miles from the airport and two miles from Graceland.

Room Tip: Nice pool. Very clean. Good food, but pricey.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had the good fortune to be upgraded to one of the hotel's suites (being a Marriott rewards member sometimes pays off!). The room was excellent. It was spacious, clean, and quite. The bed was extremely comfortable. All the furniture appeared to be new or in excellent condition. The fitness center is small but it had all of the basics - I used it every evening and was the only one in the place. The front desk staff were attentive and helpful. Dining options are limited to the hotel's cafe, which I didn't use, and the Subway across the street. I drove to the Kettle Restaurant nearby and had a nice (if not greasy) breakfast. There are several other restaurants close by - just a few blocks drive down Mill Branch Rd. (I hear Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken is a good spot).

The location is convenient to the airport. I understand it's probably not the safest part of the city, so there's not much in the way of sights within walking distance. But if you have a car it shouldn't be a problem. Overall a great stay. I've already made plans to stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: If you're using points on a long-term stay, ask if you can be upgraded to a suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Don't expect much else though. There's not much to do around the hotel. No dining options either. If you have a rental car, you're better off. The hotel is 15 minute drive to downtown. A straight run.

The hotel itself is dated, with a modern updated lobby. The rooms are clean, with soft king beds. I slept well. I heard no noise from outside the room or the highway. The parking lot is gated, that was a nice touch. There was room enough in the lot for larger trucks or buses to park in the rear.
Food in the lobby cafe was nice for a quick bite. You'll have to venture out if you want something more substantial. The hotels greatest asset is its proximity to the Memphis airport, which it provides a free shuttle to.

Pool and fitness center were serviceable. No complaints there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Other reviewers mentioned this as being run down, but I would disagree. The lobby and rooms are freshly decorated in a contemporary theme. The location seems to be a bit of a compound since a fence surrounds the entire property. I don't know much about Memphis, but maybe the location of the hotel is not in the best area. The beds were very comfortable - probably the most comfortable mattress I've slept on in a hotel in quite some time. Our only gripe was that we had noisy neighbors and lots of hallway doors closing shut late at night.

Little Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay over the 4th of July weekend. Most of the “Beal Street” hotels were either booked or simply too pricy. I came across this property on the Marriott website. While not within walking distance to Beal it did have a pool and appeared to be secure as I was traveling with some teens and tweens. Lobby was very nice as was the rest of the hotel. Pool area was well kempt and they had a nice new grill available. I had asked for connecting rooms and they were able to give us an upgrade that included a small suite with sitting area, wet bar and mini-fridge. The only down side I can mention was the King size bed seemend to be worn as it kinda collapsed in the middel when sitting on the side of the bed. The Subway’s across the street gave us one option to the hotel restaurant. Beal Street area was really not that far considering the freeway system but parking can sometime be a hassle down there. I opted for a parking deck across from the Gibson Guitar factory which was close enough to Beal.
All in all a very nice hotel and would consider it again should the downtown area hotels once again not be an option.

Anamosa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am not sure what others are speaking of when they state "rundown." We thought this was a great place to stay and it was nice and clean.

I got our room on Priceline for $70/night. EXCELLENT deal!

When we checked in the service was excellent.

The room was fantastic. No issues what-so-ever.

We loved the swimming area. It was nice, clean, and NOT busy. We swam outside all afternoon.

People complained about the airport noise... I guess if you don't want noise (which we didn't hear any on a Sunday afternoon/evening) then DON'T book next to an airport.

The bar was great -- we had a beer and two milks and it was $8. Service was perfect.

We ordered Dominoes for supper and that was delivered on time by a nice gentleman. It was delicious. Kids LOVED the chocolate lava cakes that we ordered with the pizza (they even brought napkins, plates, and silverware).

All-in-all, if we are ever in Memphis again, we would stay here.

Happy traveling!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport? Share your experiences!