“disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2889 Austin Peay Highway, Memphis, TN 38128 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #100 of 134 hotels in Memphis
jjsidf
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

we travelled from northern manitoba. took us 4 days io get to memphis tn days inn . we always travel with our pets . we arrived at the hotel to see a woman so angry she was threatening the desk clerk and mannager because they were changing the rates of her whole party of wedding guests. our turn they did the same to us . $10 they tried to charge us extra. towels ere see through . 3 days we stayed the room was not cleaned. asked for towels we got 2 and they said they had no extras. there were 4 of us my husband myself and 2 kids. scarey area rough. breakfast was out late and put away early. disgusting rooms . i would never let my dogs stay in such a dump. never recomend to anyone. i could go on . do not stay there

Stayed September 2006

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Clarksville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

The two rooms we stayed in at the Days Inn on Austin Peay Hwy. were appalling, and bore no resemblance to the descriptions in the Days Inn 06-07 Worldwide Directory or the hotel’s own flyers. In general, the rooms lacked the basic necessities to make our stay comfortable. Discrepancies in the hotel and rooms advertised and what we had were no more coffee at the Daybreak Breakfast when it ran out, no cable, no HBO: the TVs only had FOUR local channels, no alarm clock radio in either room, no microwave oven in either room, no hot tub in the hotel, no free coffee available in the lobby “24/7”, no telephone, no remote control for the TV, no pillows on one bed, no SolTerre shower, only two bath towels of very low quality, and bugs.

• Stayed May 2006
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2005

Ok this place is pretty rank. Its not pretty to look at but it is very well located… just opposite Graceland’s and the free tour buses that run into downtown from there. We asked our room to be changed once but the alternative room was of just as shoddy a state (grim beds, scaly bathroom, stained floors, carpets and sheets), at least it was facing reception so felt a little more secure. I’d recommended to someone looking for a short stay but its no palace at all, its location and ease of transportation are to be noted though.

• Stayed May 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2003

Iwish I had read the review of this hotel that a patron left in January. I too, along with my family, were exausted after traveling and getting lost in Memphis during a storm were able to secure 2 rooms at the hotel that were supposed to be 2 of the better suites. The rooms 409 and 408 were awful. The smell was unbelievable and i cant describe it. The clerk at the desk gave us air freshner but it didn't help. After complaining, they did give my parents a better room, or so we thought. It was still not clean and furnishings had stains throughout...chairs, loveseats, ect.. Upon getting of the couch to go to the bathroom, I discovered my socks were soaked!! I realized that the carpet in the entire suite was getting wet from some source not obvious. I could not sleep, but other family members were already asleep. I went to the clerk again to tell him what was happening and to inform him that we would be leaving shortly. The rate charged for the dump, 104.00 for each room was cut in half and I received a refund for half the money. The place is a dump and should be closed by health officials!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2003

I stayed at the Days Inn Memphis location due to its convenient location to the downtown area. Also Days Inn has a reputation as a clean family oriented motel. This is not the case in this establishment. When going to my room I was startled to find mattresses and commodes on the outside balcony. I thought maybe they were remodeling. But, when I reached my room it was OLD and OUTDATED. The bathroom was disgusting:hair and stains in the tub. I was too afraid to sleep under the covers. We had arrived late night and were exhausted from traveling. Reluctantly, I stayed at the dive but I want to warn anyone from staying in this establishment unless your interested in ... or ...

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!