“Great rooms, that's about it” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #48 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Southern Illinois
“Great rooms, that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I like the rooms a lot, spacious enough and clean. The only complaint was that the "Heated Pool" was freezing and the Hot tub or "Whirlpool" was not hot at all and smelled. It was also really small, maybe three people could fit in it, if they wanted to.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
El Dorado, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

First of all, the property itself is beautiful. It was in great condition inside and out. I checked in with the Night Auditor who has master the balance between friendly and professional. When I came down a couple of hours later to get a drink from the Sundry Shop, he even remembered who I was and what room I was in.
I can’t say enough about the room itself. Both beautiful and unique in its design, thanks to housekeeping it was also spotless. (And I am a tough inspector.) There was only one issue I saw while I was there: it is very difficult to get the shower curtain pulled close enough to the edge of the shower to prevent water from running out onto the bathroom floor.
The breakfast in the morning was good and kept fresh. A girls’ soccer team had just left the area, so the breakfast person was very busy trying to restock everything. She still managed to work in a smile and a “Good Morning” when she passed me. Checkout was a breeze and Tekela, the desk clerk, was very nice.
All in all, my stay at the Comfort Suites Southwind well exceeded my expectations. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Memphis/Germantown area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was a great hotel to stay in. When we checked in, the front desk clerk was so friendly and helpful. The rooms exceeded our expectations. The pool facility was very clean and well taken care off. The breakfast was pretty good, with a variety of items. The only snag on our trip was on our final day, housekeeping did not come to our room. The desk clerk was very apologetic and took 10% off our room for that night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stay at this hotel at your own risk. After not returning phone calls for 8 weeks concerning unauthorized charges to my credit card, they recently informed me that they had sustained damages to their swimming pool drain and that was the reason for the charge. They had no name or room number of a responsible party. The management has changed and they can not find any docunmentation. The charges for the damage actually got processed ahead of checkout, yet there was no notification during our stay of a problem. This situation screams fraud and legal action is commencing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta,Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I can't say how great the front desk workers. Not only were they beautiful but their personalities were great. They gave us great selections on restaurants, things to do, and when we got lost, the manager met us on the hiway to lead us to the hotel. How about that for going the extra mile (no pun intended). Ron was great we came in late he was very cheerful and brought us extra towels and blanket to our room. I can't wait to come back to Memphis. I will be staying back with folks at comfort suites. I will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
memphis, tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Terrible room and staff. The room smelled like mildew and had trash laying around. Not very romantic at all. The breakfast was stale and old. I could not even eat the eggs. I also had a check out time of 12 o'clock but the room service staff came in my room at 11. I had to ask them to leave until 12. Terrible service, I would never stay here again.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — The service.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind? Share your experiences!