“Heavenly pulled pork” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
2249 Central Ave, Memphis, TN, Memphis, TN (Cooper Young Community Association)
(901)272-9377
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 1,272 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
New York, NY
“Heavenly pulled pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Awesome, succulent pulled pork sandwich. No frills, no fuss, well priced.. can't really ask for much more than that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Francisco, California
“How do you speed Memphis BBQ? C-E-N-T-R-A-L, baby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hooo-DOOO! Dats a fine plate o' Barbeque! We had the brisket, ribs, pulled pork and chicken, the slaw, beans, Mac and cheese, and tried all the sauces, then washed it all down w/ Elvis' favorite libation, Dr Pepper! Everything was great, w/ the brisket and Ribs standing out a little higher than the rest. There's always a line out the door and though the kids behind the counter are a bit sloppy and ragged looking, they know their stuff, keep it moving along quickly, and really deliver the goods. If I lived in Memphis I'd probably weigh 300lbs cuz I'd eat here 7 days a week! Just a great, bonafide BBQ joint w/ some of the best food I've ever had! Central rules!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“" not sure what all the fuss is about"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and ordered the pork. I did like the selection of sauces,( maybe I am just not a connoisseur of BBQ) but was not at all wowed by the pork. Nice atmosphere and they had a nice lunch crowd. We did buy a tee shirt and some sauce.

Visited August 2013
Frisco, Texas
“The food was excellent, the service was horrible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The pulled pork was really good. I had the "wet" ribs and they were fantastic. However, we had to wait in line a long time just to order. They had 1 person taking orders and about 6-8 other people standing around behind the counter. I think they were supposed to be food runners but the line could have been worked down much faster if they would have added a second person to take orders and check people out. It took a long time to get our food and when they forgot one of our sides we were almost done eating before we got it. The food was really good but they need to rethink the way they are running this restaurant. There were not enough places to sit. The bathroom was very dirty and there was only one toilet so the line for that was also very long. If I ever decided to eat here again, I would probably get the food "to go".

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Line out the door is worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Anytime I see a place with a line out the door I'm thinking I'm at the right place. This place did not disappoint. The pulled pork plate was unbelievable and there is so much food that I couldn't even finish it.

Visited August 2013

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Central BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.